Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461565 times)
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2015, 08:39:39 PM »

Got my ECU in and flashed the tune with the latest revisions.

3rd gear pull is here.

Note: When viewing in ECUplot, if I leave "filter data" unchecked the data reflects what I see in car ie: large boost spike at first throttle, if I filter data the spike disappears and my boost data differs from what my boost gauge reads.

Also unfiltered my Boost Act follows my Requested very closely, when I filter it the Act is much Different than requested.

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
ddillenger

« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »

Got my ECU in and flashed the tune with the latest revisions.

3rd gear pull is here.

Note: When viewing in ECUplot, if I leave "filter data" unchecked the data reflects what I see in car ie: large boost spike at first throttle, if I filter data the spike disappears and my boost data differs from what my boost gauge reads.

Also unfiltered my Boost Act follows my Requested very closely, when I filter it the Act is much Different than requested.

You need to pay attention to the scales.

Additionally, start the log at 2000. DO NOT go wide open UNTIL it says "Press C to stop logging". This ensures that the logger has a connection, and is working when you go WOT so as not to miss the first part of the log.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
therealnap0le0n

You need to pay attention to the scales.

Additionally, start the log at 2000. DO NOT go wide open UNTIL it says "Press C to stop logging". This ensures that the logger has a connection, and is working when you go WOT so as not to miss the first part of the log.
Scales in ecuplot or tunerpro?

Also I'll log using The regular ME7logger as I think the VisualME7 logger is pulling the data differently.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2015, 10:04:44 PM »

That looks UTTERLY different from Flyboy's plot.

That is because overboost is causing throttle cut, so the filter is cutting the run short. in 'configure filter' set "Minimum Throttle" to 20.

I max is WAY too high for your car, which is terrible, because it seems your hardware is VERY different from Flyboys. Not good.

Also, I am unsure of the source of that huge boost request spike.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:07:11 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2015, 10:09:58 PM »

Two data sets with the recent revisions incorporated.  Was a bit warmer today, around 82F at the time of logging versus mid 60's last time out.

Dataset 1

and

Dataset 2

Looks like too MUCH I Max this time... but the IAT's are different, so some changes in KFTARX might be required here, unfortunately...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »

Look at the difference... very very different wg settings to produce the same boost in the different cars

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »

Looks like too MUCH I Max this time... but the IAT's are different, so some changes in KFTARX might be required here, unfortunately...

OR, LDIATA.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2015, 11:01:55 PM »

OR, LDIATA.

Yes, this.

I've not worked on ANY stock k03 cars: do wastegate behaviors really vary this wildly? 20%  Shocked

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2015, 04:24:32 AM »

Perhaps we each do a pull with N75 electrically disconnected to see what boost level results?   Make sure the difference is not attributable to hardware.

His exhaust does not have the catalytic converters where I have them, though mine are aftermarket.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:27:44 AM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2015, 06:09:26 AM »

Perhaps we each do a pull with N75 electrically disconnected to see what boost level results?   Make sure the difference is not attributable to hardware.

His exhaust does not have the catalytic converters where I have them, though mine are aftermarket.
wouldn't we need to leave it electronically connected and physically disconnect it? I'm not opposed to that.

Also did a pull this morning getting on the on ramp to work with the regular ME7Logger this time. Got a huge throttle cut at 5000 RPM much warmer this time too, I suspect my car is not going to make this easy on me.... but hey thats half the fun eh?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:09 AM »

Perhaps we each do a pull with N75 electrically disconnected to see what boost level results?

One more time, read the tuning page Smiley

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Calibrating_KFLDRL

Make sure the difference is not attributable to hardware.

That sounds like one likely culprit.

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

One more time, read the tuning page Smiley

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Calibrating_KFLDRL

That sounds like one likely culprit.

I'm thinking of checking to see how the wastegate actuators compare.
nyet
Administrator

I'm thinking of checking to see how the wastegate actuators compare.

KFLDRLAPP is PERFECT for this!

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=517.msg4028#msg4028

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »

Yes, this.

I've not worked on ANY stock k03 cars: do wastegate behaviors really vary this wildly? 20%  Shocked

Yes. It's VERY easy to make a stock turbo file.

It's VERY difficult to make a stock turbo file that works well on EVERY car.

Tips are even worse.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »

Yes. It's VERY easy to make a stock turbo file.

It's VERY difficult to make a stock turbo file that works well on EVERY car.

Tips are even worse.

I think we could definitely use more cars to pull data from.

Plus i think environment and car variables are coming into play, at this point I need to figure out the boost spike on first throttle tip in.

For the record:

User: TheRealNap0le0n (Alex)
Car: 2000 S4
ECU: A-Box running Daz's 551M - Bosch Software
MAF: Bosch
Injectors: Stock
Plugs: NGK BK6RE .028 Gap
Motor Mods: Stock
Turbos: Stock as far as I know
Diverters: 710N
Intake: Stock/DARIntake Mod
Exhaust: Catless DP's, Single 3" Single Muffler