Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 462150 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:51 PM »

I have TABGBTS set to 800C.

What method do you recommend for adding fuel during spool?  Thus far we've addressed fueling via LAMFA and only just started to consider possibly using BTS.

BTW I don't think we should raise TABGBTS any higher. May need to drop to 11.7-11.5 during spool all the way to redline... which means we will also be out of injector.

You really don't want high egts on those K03s, esp on a short pull like that. Row through the gears and .... Sad

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2015, 03:21:30 PM »

I guess that would possibly be the higher engine load.

Look at the BTS maps... Load is obviously a big part of it...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »

BTW I don't think we should raise TABGBTS any higher. May need to drop to 11.7-11.5 during spool all the way to redline... which means we will also be out of injector.

You really don't want high egts on those K03s, esp on a short pull like that. Row through the gears and .... Sad

What I'm not understanding is how the EGT's are now being characterized as high, but I was seeing the same EGT's at the same rpm's when the tune boosted to 11-12 psi.  It seems that having high EGT's are o.k. if the engine load is low, but if the engine load is high the same EGT's are bad.  I don't see where the distinction between engine loads alters the real world physical outcome, aside from the table being setup to respond differently for different engine loads which creates the different outcome.  I'm apparently missing something here.
ddillenger

« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »

EGT's are not high, they are  more than acceptable. Don't touch FKKVS, that's terrible advice.

IF we have room for more advance, EGT's will drop. If we don't, It is what it is.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2015, 06:54:25 PM »

EGT's are not high, they are  more than acceptable.

Then we will have to modify the BTS maps, which I was hoping to avoid.

ECUx Plot

Lost

« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2015, 11:49:07 PM »

EGT's are not high, they are  more than acceptable. Don't touch FKKVS, that's terrible advice.

IF we have room for more advance, EGT's will drop. If we don't, It is what it is.

No it is not.
Bump fkkvs 1% in needed regions and its goona be perfect.
Fkkvs is the best map for small corrections.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #471 on: July 14, 2015, 12:11:30 AM »

Why touch fkkvs if actual is following requested just fine?

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #472 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:24 AM »

No it is not.

You should not be touching FKKVS on stock fueling (unless of course you use it to compensate for meth, but that's a whole new ballgame). If actual~requested, and you want enrichment, request it. What you're talking about is only suitable if actual!=requested. In all other applications, this is still questionable. Saying FKKVS is best for small corrections is shortsighted. Find where the error is coming from, fix it there or you very well may end up with a compounded error elsewhere.

Why touch fkkvs if actual is following requested just fine?

You wouldn't. I can only assume he's getting hung up on his own (limited) experiences rather than practical application.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:40:13 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ddillenger

« Reply #473 on: July 14, 2015, 07:56:55 AM »

If you look at first post on page 35 and compare with csv - it is clearly not following.
Besides - you guys are hung up on computer stuff too much. In practic it does not make any signicant differens.
Common Daz - you are practicly sitting behind computer 23hours/day and night. You shoud go out more often man and practice Wink))
Cheers.

I'm connected via an emulator to a B6 with a GT3076 right now.

On page 35 there are wideband logs posted, but they are comparing revisions of the file. Not actual AFR vs requested.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Lost

« Reply #474 on: July 14, 2015, 08:44:25 AM »

I'm connected via an emulator to a B6 with a GT3076 right now.

On page 35 there are wideband logs posted, but they are comparing revisions of the file. Not actual AFR vs requested.

I know that.
Thats why i said comapare it too his CSV posted not to each other.
Anyway, i am glad you see some sunshine Smiley)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #475 on: July 14, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »

The topic here isn't to correlate actual with req AFR, but rather, trying to decide on what kind of EGTs are ok.

1% here or there isn't going to change EGTs any, especially if we are talking about moving requested AFR around by far more.

ECUx Plot

Lost

« Reply #476 on: July 14, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »

The topic here isn't to correlate actual with req AFR, but rather, trying to decide on what kind of EGTs are ok.

1% here or there isn't going to change EGTs any, especially if we are talking about moving requested AFR around by far more.

Ofcourse. That is correct.
I was focused on spool inrichmant. That has nothing to do with high EGTs.
Anyway. I did read the whole thread. Have you tried advancing timing??
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #477 on: July 14, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »

we have a ton of timing advance over stock values especially up top

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
FlyboyS4

« Reply #478 on: July 14, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »

What's the goal of enriching AFR during spool in my case?

You mentioned this a few times now:

Also i would add more fuel in spool.

You do overshoot all over the place. And it leans your AFR. Use FKKVS for adding fuel before and under spool.
Look at your injectors  where in ms it comes in time. Then you tune FKKVS in those regions.

Where are you seeing the AFR being too lean?
ddillenger

« Reply #479 on: July 14, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »

Again, there is no reason. If anything we want to retard ignition a bit and lean it out to keep egt's up to aid in spool. This isn't needed for K03s, and we're straying off mission here-lol.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: