Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461627 times)
eibxmatic

« Reply #495 on: July 15, 2015, 02:19:50 PM »

I have never seen BTS be affected by MAF scaling. Does anyone have the source of this?

I have seen MAF scaling completely wack timing tables, which affects EGT's, which then affects BTS, but I don't think that's what's being referenced here.
Well as FR says gas for bts will be scaled by mass air flow (or calculated) if u r running wot. So miss scaled maf will affect bts badly
FlyboyS4

« Reply #496 on: July 15, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »

I dont see your AFR leaning out now, but my Point was as i asked:  What was baro pressure when you took these logs?? Medium for where you live, high or low?
I am at almoust sea level where middle baro p is 1000mbar. If i tune a car on low baro pressure ex 980 mbar, i have too consider that it will be Days that baro is 1020mbar. That will couse a lot of overboost if i tuned the car with some overboost at low baro pressure day. Bc the N75 takes the ATM p as a refference.
This will couse AFR the lean out of course.

Cheers

Just to close the loop on this, I've not been logging barometric pressure, in the past it looked to me that at idle the boost pressure desired was around barometric so I stopped logging baro.  I did about a dozen logs over the two week span so I would expect the barometric pressure did not remain unusually high or low consistently through that time period.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #497 on: July 18, 2015, 09:33:03 PM »

Here are the results of my latest revision, I lowered DIMX a ton, I've actually been massaging the lower ( 1750 - 3000 rpm ) DIMX regions up to improve spool a bit as I have eliminated my overshoot but am also not meeting request until later. Will log Tom morning and see how that goes.

Can you guys take a look at my timing logs from this as well and see if they are within acceptable levels?

Just to keep in mind, I live in FL so my elevation is very low and the air is VERY thick and muggy right now. This log was taken in the afternoon about 90 degrees F out.

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #498 on: July 19, 2015, 12:44:38 AM »

Here are the results of my latest revision, I lowered DIMX a ton, I've actually been massaging the lower ( 1750 - 3000 rpm ) DIMX regions up to improve spool a bit as I have eliminated my overshoot but am also not meeting request until later. Will log Tom morning and see how that goes.

Can you guys take a look at my timing logs from this as well and see if they are within acceptable levels?

Just to keep in mind, I live in FL so my elevation is very low and the air is VERY thick and muggy right now. This log was taken in the afternoon about 90 degrees F out.

Pull timing. Also one of your O2 sensors isn't looking so good.

Do you have a wideband?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #499 on: July 19, 2015, 07:55:17 AM »

OK thought so, and no I don't have a wideband unfortunately. I have my rear o2 coded out everything but the eskonf. I'll have to do that to use those bungs for wideband or could I just ziptie the o2 out of the way but still plugged in?

I'll check the finances but I think I can swing buying a wideband I know the innovate isn't too pricey

FlyboyS4

« Reply #500 on: July 19, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »

I'm puzzled by the very different numbers being shown in the Neftune5 data versus the Nef14b data that I logged.  Boost level is nearly the same, IAT's are close, yet MAF numbers and IDC are quite a bit higher (around 20%) for my car, the resultant acceleration curves are very similar.

It seems that one impact of the higher fueling is slightly greater but less varied timing curve.  If the MAF scaling is possibly the cause of the difference I do have an RS4 MAF that I could try on my car.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:58:03 AM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
therealnap0le0n

I'm puzzled by the very different numbers being shown in the Neftune5 data versus the Nef14b data that I logged.  Boost level is nearly the same, IAT's are close, yet MAF numbers and IDC are quite a bit higher (around 20%) for my car, the resultant acceleration curves are very similar.

It seems that one impact of the higher fueling is slightly greater but less varied timing curve.  If the MAF scaling is possibly the cause of the difference I do have an RS4 MAF that I could try on my car.

Where do you live? Elevation maybe?

FlyboyS4

Where do you live? Elevation maybe?

I don't think it is that, I'm at most driving around at two or three hundred feet.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #503 on: July 20, 2015, 09:53:03 AM »

I pulled timing in KFZW back to basically stock levels. another hot day about 95 degrees F

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #504 on: July 20, 2015, 10:45:37 AM »

Replace that O2 dude

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
shuffled

« Reply #505 on: July 26, 2015, 08:43:52 AM »

I know this thread is further from a basic stage 1 tune than I'm going to post here, so if you want to move this, go ahead.

here's the raw CSV from my first run after flashing my stage 1.

Critique's definitely welcomed, first timer and I followed flyboy's website for the basics.

I couldn't upload a file for some reason.. but here's a link

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/run2-jul26.csv
FlyboyS4

« Reply #506 on: July 26, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »

I know this thread is further from a basic stage 1 tune than I'm going to post here, so if you want to move this, go ahead.

Critique's definitely welcomed, first timer and I followed flyboy's website for the basics.

Thanks for jumping in and contributing.  So I understand where you are at, did you get up through the steps summarized in this page 22 post, and this Stage 1 tune page?

This would include:
  • NMAX/NMAXF
  • LAMFA/LAMFA Axis
  • LDRXN
  • KFZW2/KFZW

By the looks of the boost profile I'm guessing that's about where you stopped.  You may want to press on and start adding the changes that I put on the Stage 2 page.  For a bit there at the end of the Stage 1 phase and shift to Stage 2 I lost track of the sequence that additional tables were being changed.  There are probably a couple of tables, like KFMIOP, KFLDHBN and KFMLDMX, that were altered in the Stage 1 phase.

I need to compare notes with therealnap0le0n and make a post summarizing all of the changes made thus far.

Looking at your csv file it looks close to what I logged at that phase of development.  I noticed in the csv header that you have the Bosch MAF, and interestingly the MAF and IDC curves in your file are more similar to therealnap0le0n (Bosch MAF) than mine (Hitachi).  The only odd thing I noticed on first look through was some small intermittent spikes in both O2 sensor readings.  Nice job incorporating all the changes, nothing sticks out to me as being offtrack.
therealnap0le0n

If you decide to press on feel free to contact me for help, I've noticed a few instances where the changes flyboy made didn't suit my car and having a 3rd vehicle will be great for a homogeneous tune as we will have more data points to compare.

I've been slammed at work but I'll see what my latest log shows and see about screen shots of my bin settings

shuffled

« Reply #508 on: July 26, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »

I should note that my chassis is a B6, with a 2.7t swap.  It might change some values somewhere in the car profile of ecuxplot but I have not made those changes yet.

FlyBoy: that's exactly where I'm at as I wanted to get some real logs before pushing it further.  I have some "before" logs of 4 pulls I made on the stock modified M box file that daz provided on page 3 if those would be of interest.

nap0lean: I will be pushing forward with this, I still have all 4 cats and stock dp's but straight back after the cat's, which I don't think qualifies me to move to stage 2 just yet, so I'll be working on the stage 1 for a while.

I will make those changes on your stage2 page and get some readings.

*edit* I just had a look at the stage 2 changes and referenced my bin, I think I'm going to need nap0lean's input if those tables are related to MAF, considering my values are very very different from Flyboys who has 0's in lots of the cells.  I will keep reading as I have been doing and catch up on these changes and what they actually do, maybe it will all "click"

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/KFTARX_s2.png
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:21:35 PM by shuffled » Logged
FlyboyS4

« Reply #509 on: July 26, 2015, 05:52:05 PM »

*edit* I just had a look at the stage 2 changes and referenced my bin, I think I'm going to need nap0lean's input if those tables are related to MAF, considering my values are very very different from Flyboys who has 0's in lots of the cells.  I will keep reading as I have been doing and catch up on these changes and what they actually do, maybe it will all "click"

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/KFTARX_s2.png

On that Stage 2 page the KFTARX table to the left only shows the delta values from stock.  The zeroes are where I did not make any changes from stock.  Only the locations circled in blue were changed.  The table to the right shows the KFTARX values I ended up with after applying the adjustments from the left table to the stock values.  Your screen shot looks to be the unaltered stock values.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: