Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502449 times)
kory2000pr

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 11:09:40 PM »

Great topic. Sorry I cant contribute(not at that level yet)
But interested in this proyect.
b
By the way Im also stuck without checksums for the me7.5
Just posted a new topic in the noob section.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »

dude.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
thelastleroy

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »

Ok I got it.

If you set up me7sum in the "custom tools" in tuner pro like this, it will output the checksummed file with the same file name in the same location!. We have a plugin folks.

You must remember to save your file before checking/correcting. It is ALWAYS important to run me7check before flashing, preferrably from cmd line just to be safe.

me7sum and me7check must be in the same folder as the bin files you want to check/correct. You will also have to enter your own path to this folder location.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:54:44 AM by thelastleroy » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 05:31:18 AM »

you can use ME7Sum to validate checksums as well.  If you don't pass in a second file path parameter to the command line it just checks.  I have tunerpro setup like this:

ctrl + alt + v = "validate" with me7sum
ctrl + alt + c = "correct" with me7sum
ctrl + alt + x = "check" with me7check

After I've saved my bin, I'll do a validate and check just for the hell of it just to make sure there are checksum errors.  Then I will correct, followed by a validate and check to verify all is well with the file.

------------

As for which variables to log, use the attached ME7Logger config file to start.  We can add more variables if needed. I really want to see those logs!!!
SB_GLI

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 05:32:05 AM »

dude.

duuuuuude.
SB_GLI

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2014, 05:56:22 AM »

From an educational standpoint, I'd like to ask someone to please explain the changes we've made in the LAMFA axis for pedal percentage. Does this bring LAMFA map in sooner than normal (starting at 50% now) in order to control the fuel delivery with LAMFA instead of another map? I know someone is going to say "go read FR" but lets put it into laymans terms for the sake of this thread.

Driver's Requested Relative torque (mrfa_w) closely resembles accelerator pedal position.  You can "go read the FR", Smiley sorry had to, to understand the relationship.  I'm pretty sure that mrfa is the lamfa % axis.

You should post a screenshot of your LAMFA table now that you've mentioned you started at 50%.  If you are enriching the mixture at 50% and your lowest axis value is 50%, that means that from 0% to 50% it will interpolate 1 to .85 or whatever your value is at 50%. 

Example - 25% mrfa would (could) give you .925 lambda.  You don't want to be doing that.

For LAMFA, I will typically modify the axis as 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100

I will put what I want my request to be at WOT in the 90 and 100 columns.  I will then take those values and paste them into the 80, 70 and 60 columns and multiply the values by 1.05, 1.10, 1.20 respectively.  This gives a smooth transition to my desired WOT fueling request, should the driver request less than 90%.  It won't start enriching until after 50% because my 50% row is all ones, and my 60% is not much less than one.

Tunerpro's visual graph is really nice too.  I'll use it once I get my main points figured out to make smooth transitions between those points.
A4Rich

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »

I'm going to look into using me7sum exclusively, for ease of use in this project. I've also removed the .bin file I posted earlier that had errors.

Here's the v2 xdf I"m using

Added a conversion factor for KFZW and KFZW2 in the attached XDF, (also added the software number to the XDF file name). 

Due to the many software variations which have different map locations, I suggest that we add the software number to both bin and XDF files. 
A4Rich

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »

Attached is an XDF for software number 37369307 which includes most of the definitions in ddillenger's 2.7T Stage 1 XDF with the exception of the emissions related definitions (still trying to figure these out..). I will keep track of updates to this file as to not derail the purpose of the thread.

Update:
The attached XDF is only compatible with a bin that has a 37369307 software version, the stock bin is posted here.  The software version can be verified in ME7Check, it is in the output and labeled SSECUSN.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:14:00 PM by A4Rich » Logged
thelastleroy

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2014, 04:51:08 PM »

Attached is an XDF for software number 0137369307 which includes most of the definitions in ddillenger's 2.7T Stage 1 XDF with the exception of the emissions related definitions (still trying to figure these out..). I will keep track of updates to this file as to not derail the purpose of the thread.

Rich,

There's something wrong with the xdf that's affecting the timing maps. It's got irregular values compared with the original xdf for this file from DDillenger. Check the screenshot.

Also.................I have a log on the laptop. I will upload the .csv once the rain stops and I can go get the machine out of the car.
A4Rich

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2014, 06:06:25 PM »

Rich,

There's something wrong with the xdf that's affecting the timing maps. It's got irregular values compared with the original xdf for this file from DDillenger. Check the screenshot.

I believe you are using the bin file that is in the original post.  That file has a different software version changing the locations of many if not all maps.  With the matching software number file the maps are correct, see attachment. 

I updated my previous post to clarify which 518AK bin that XDF is compatible with.
thelastleroy

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »

Ok, here's the first log for the stage 1 tuned file. The fueling has been adjusted, as well as the LAMFA axes, and LDRXN values changed.
I'll post a screen from tunerpro of the Maps as they are in this file.

I'm running "ultra 94" gas from Petro-Canada. Supposed to be 94octane. I have a K&N panel filter in the stock air box, and I have removed the SAI/PCV systems. The recirculation valve is actuated directly from manifold vacuum (I know now this is not ideal, but haven't gotten around to hooking up the vacuum reservoir). Exhaust is stock. Coils/plugs stock. Injectors stock.

Tell me what you think guys, and thanks again for all of your help
thelastleroy

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2014, 07:21:36 PM »

I believe you are using the bin file that is in the original post.  That file has a different software version changing the locations of many if not all maps.  With the matching software number file the maps are correct, see attachment. 

I updated my previous post to clarify which 518AK bin that XDF is compatible with.

If possible, I'd like to include all of the applicable files/xdfs in the OP to avoid confusion and clutter. That way the most updated xdfs and correct bin files are all in one place, paired for convenience. What do you think? Moderators?

I'll go back and change the names of the original files I posted, with the proper extensions.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2014, 09:53:47 PM »

Of course. Edit at will.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2014, 05:39:59 AM »

This is what I see from the logs.

Boost starts at 15psi @ 2500rpm and tapers to around 9psi @ 6,000rpm

Air Fuel Ratio Desired is following Drivers Requested Target AFR, but is not following what we have in our LAMFA table.  @2.5k lambda request is .92 and tapers to .86 @5,360, at which point it looks like BTS fueling kicks in. We are not logging the BTS fueling lambda request, so this is an assumption.

Timing looks good for now.  No timing pull.  Keep it safe until everything else is sorted out.

We need to figure out why our lamfa_w request is lean and not following LAMFA.  Once the we get the correct mixture, it will hopefully keep us out of BTS fueling up high (at which point we are seeing fuel injector duty cycles > 100% currently)

You know... We should also get some logs of the stock file for comparison.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »

Can you post the actual log, and some plots vs RPM?

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: