Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502416 times)
SB_GLI

« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »

TABGBTS was 1001, upping that to 1100 for next flash. I'm also going to set ZK back to stock, as nyet is still seeing a rough lamfa curve? A bit more LDRXN in the 3-5k range, a bit more timing. Log and file soon

That doesn't make sense to me, I didn't see calced EGTs reach 1000 in your last log.
thelastleroy

« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2014, 03:22:52 AM »

Dude, use ECUxPlot yourself Tongue geez. You should ALREADY be using it to verify every change you make.

Stock ZK is probably too low, do something in between.

BUT VERIFY WITH ECUXPLOT... don't post, and wait for comment here. You're doing it the long way around ;P

Flash, log, graph, adjust, flash, log, graph

Not

flash, log, post, wait for somebody to graph it for you and/or make comments.
Sorry if the way I'm posting is bothering you guys. I was thinking it would be important to have a progression, working out the bugs in detail. If you want, I'll slow down the updates to questions or problems only.  I'm already using ECUxPLOT to look at my logs, I just don't always know what to make of the results
SB_GLI

« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2014, 04:29:22 AM »

Sorry if the way I'm posting is bothering you guys. I was thinking it would be important to have a progression, working out the bugs in detail. If you want, I'll slow down the updates to questions or problems only.  I'm already using ECUxPLOT to look at my logs, I just don't always know what to make of the results

not bugging me, and I appreciate all the updates.  Just want to make sure that you can plot and decipher the logs yourself.  You are doing good work!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2014, 09:02:49 AM »

Ok. Not a problem then. Carry on!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
turdburglar44

« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »

Great thread, sad I didn't see it until now.

My 2 cents.

I strongly dislike using ldrxn to 'tune' boost. Doing this partially ruins the ecus ability to compensate for altitude. If I were to tune my car using ldrxn then drive from Denver to Breckenridge. The ecu would attempt to hit those loads assuming kfldhbn didn't intervene. This would push the turbo very far out of it's efficiency range. I prefer to use kfldhbn to limit boost. Kfldhbn is a pressure ratio and will adjust boost according to atmospheric pressure and IAT.

What I would do:
-Write the k03 compressor map into kfldhbn.
-Give the tune to someone at sea level
-Have them see what loads they are hitting
-tune timing for these loads and set ldrxn to the loads they are seeing.

This way we would have an absolute ceiling to our load and the tune wouldn't blow molten lava for us in Denver.

Second:

I strongly dislike using lamfa for fueling. I know that's a huge debate but in order to get timing perfectly optimized you need to know exactly what load and afr you are dealing with.

Example;
If I were to tune a chiller at work. I would have it scale with the cooling load. Not with what people have their thermostats set to.

I'll re-up my 360910 xdf. I've added some things that might be useful.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6341.0

*edit* link added
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:28:55 PM by turdburglar44 » Logged

Tuning is the easy part...
thelastleroy

« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »

not bugging me, and I appreciate all the updates.  Just want to make sure that you can plot and decipher the logs yourself.  You are doing good work!
Ok. Not a problem then. Carry on!

Thanks guys. I'm so happy to have the help I'm getting here!! Grin

I've got a new revision almost ready to go with the following adjustments

-more timing refinements
-exaggerated LDRXN profile in the 3-5k range (still having a hard time getting boost in this area to match the profile I want)
-TABGBTS set to 1100
-ZK set to stock +10%
I can't log this tonight, but tomorrow morning I'll do a run and post the results. I think we're close.
thelastleroy

« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2014, 06:23:23 PM »

Great thread, sad I didn't see it until now.

My 2 cents....................

I'll re-up my 360910 xdf. I've added some things that might be useful.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6341.0

*edit* link added

I think the idea behind this thread and the 2.7 stage 1 thread is to have an "introduction to tuning" for brand new users to see the process and learn how to make adjustments based on logs. To get their feet wet, and hopefully spark some interest in learning.

We are intentionally using LAMFA and LDRXN for the sake of simplicity, not because it's the right or wrong way technically. See discussion at the beginning of the 2.7t thread.
y
That xdf is huge Cool. I can't use it with my car right now, software version is different. I'd have to start over with the matching bin file, if possible. The maps don't line up. Very nice xdf for anyone who can use it!

turdburglar44

« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »

With lamfa fueling couldn't you still request max load at stoich? Kfmirl requests way too much load stock.

turdburglar44

« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2014, 06:46:17 PM »

I think the idea behind this thread and the 2.7 stage 1 thread is to have an "introduction to tuning" for brand new users to see the process and learn how to make adjustments based on logs. To get their feet wet, and hopefully spark some interest in learning.

We are intentionally using LAMFA and LDRXN for the sake of simplicity, not because it's the right or wrong way technically. See discussion at the beginning of the 2.7t thread.
y
That xdf is huge Cool. I can't use it with my car right now, software version is different. I'd have to start over with the matching bin file, if possible. The maps don't line up. Very nice xdf for anyone who can use it!

If you need to find maps though they should compare like for like.

And I apologize I read most of the thread before I posted that. Afterwards I read the full thread and got a better grasp on what we're trying to achieve.

thelastleroy

« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2014, 01:30:14 PM »

Latest log, as promised Grin
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2014, 01:56:49 PM »

ZK Tongue

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
A4Rich

« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »

ZK Tongue

So by bringing ZK closer to the stock values now it is reducing the steps, circled in the graph, to a more smooth curve?
thelastleroy

« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »

I'm going to try changing the values early in the table (they are highest therefore least filtered) and see what comes back on a new pull. This fueling "knee" curve is elusive.....I wish we knew what the axis are for these tables Cry
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »

(they are highest therefore least filtered)

It doesn't work that way

I wish we knew what the axis are for these tables Cry

The XDF is still missing RPM axis location? Whut?

ECUx Plot

thelastleroy

« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2014, 04:48:36 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2637.msg42320#msg42320

We need to find out which one is being used, and what the axis are first.

I'm running stock 20% on my 2.7t file, but the 2.7t only has one value, not a table.

100% (according to phila) is no filtering, but I have not personally tested it.

You could experiment by setting one of the tables to 100%, and leaving the other stock, to find out which one is used (and trying the opposite if it doesn't work).
I'm basing my assumption on the idea that 100% zk is no filtering. Perhaps thats not the case with me7.5?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: