Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502485 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2014, 06:27:31 PM »

ARMD intervention in a tuned file is usually when the drivetrain is accelerating faster (because of extra boost) than the ECU expects. Not oscillations.

Disabling it is a bad idea, just need to numb it a bit.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Anti_judder
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:09:35 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
thelastleroy

« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2014, 06:53:16 PM »

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Looks like we need to find KFDMDARO at least. I'm going to try and locate it, but I will likely need help.

*Edit* yep, can't find it. I tried searching the hex values compared with the defined mbox location, but the values must be different in the 518AK file. The 123456 axis Is easy to find. Anyone want to give it a go?
littco

« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2014, 12:12:09 AM »

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Looks like we need to find KFDMDARO at least. I'm going to try and locate it, but I will likely need help.

*Edit* yep, can't find it. I tried searching the hex values compared with the defined mbox location, but the values must be different in the 518AK file. The 123456 axis Is easy to find. Anyone want to give it a go?

Itll need to be dissasembled to fund cwarmd. I have searched and its definitely not in the same locations as every other ecu, and its not listed on the ols file i have either..
littco

« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2014, 02:19:24 AM »

Littco, could you be more specific on which maps to set to 99? I'm assuming that this defeats TM entirely?

The VVT on this software isnt used during normal operation. Someting about cold start or emmissions iirc. One of these days we'll get around to using the VVT for performance gains.

Not sure I agree with you it's only used for warm up. If you look at kfnwse you'll see it's only used in lower loads and at Wot it's all 18's ie off, where as on a golf say where it is only used for warm up kfnwse is set to 18 across the whole map. I current use the kfnwse similar to the 225bhp and only have it active -4 in what would a wot pull and from say 1500-3000 where peak boost is and then off 18 and get upwards of 25 degrees timing...

How much scope there is in actually making much difference I couldn't comment as it would need back to back testing. What I'll do is stick this map on my a4 and log it then make the changes ie to armd, Tm and kfnwse and see what results it gets..

thelastleroy

« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2014, 04:39:20 AM »

Not sure I agree with you it's only used for warm up. If you look at kfnwse you'll see it's only used in lower loads and at Wot it's all 18's ie off, where as on a golf say where it is only used for warm up kfnwse is set to 18 across the whole map. I current use the kfnwse similar to the 225bhp and only have it active -4 in what would a wot pull and from say 1500-3000 where peak boost is and then off 18 and get upwards of 25 degrees timing...

How much scope there is in actually making much difference I couldn't comment as it would need back to back testing. What I'll do is stick this map on my a4 and log it then make the changes ie to armd, Tm and kfnwse and see what results it gets..

That's why I'm not seeing any action during my WOT logs  Cheesy. Like I said, one of these days I'll get around to implementing VVT to the appropriate areas for performance reasons, it's just on the back burner right now until I get this ARMD sorted out.

So right now I'm hung up on finding the KFDMDARO map. Nyet does not recommend disabling ARMD entirely via CWARMD, so that mystery can remain unsolved.
A4Rich

« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2014, 06:48:54 AM »

That's why I'm not seeing any action during my WOT logs  Cheesy. Like I said, one of these days I'll get around to implementing VVT to the appropriate areas for performance reasons, it's just on the back burner right now until I get this ARMD sorted out.

So right now I'm hung up on finding the KFDMDARO map. Nyet does not recommend disabling ARMD entirely via CWARMD, so that mystery can remain unsolved.

In the three ols files that I have been using to locate maps for the 518AK, KFMDARO has four maps, *0_A, *1_A, *2_A, *3_A, with two shared axes (See attachment).

In the place that I thought that they should be the maps don't make sense (see attachment).
littco

« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2014, 07:02:36 AM »

You can try but on my stage 1 i have only adjusted the 2 main TM maps, running the 225bhp kfmirl and iop and see 2 degrees timing swing. Thats running 21 degrees top end and about 150grams on the maf at redline..
littco

« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »

ARMD intervention in a tuned file is usually when the drivetrain is accelerating faster (because of extra boost) than the ECU expects. Not oscillations.

Disabling it is a bad idea, just need to numb it a bit.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Anti_judder

Only issue I have with ARMD being the reason for the timing swings, is it's ( as per s4 wiki ) for fast (which the BFB isn't ) Light weight ( which the BFB certainly isn't and light loads on the DYNO ( which it isn't experiencing ) the cause of the issue, maybe a 3rd gear run which these are being carried out on will contribute to as the load on the engine is less than 4th say... As on my other post, numbing the TM maps will stop these timing swings and whilst its not ideal,

Personally I cant see on such a small framed turbo making 180-190Bhp max that exceeding the torque monitoring limits even with them disabled is really a bad thing?! it's not like we're putting huge stress on the engine, which in a 225bhp S3/tt experiences far more "work" in stock form than these do in a stage 1... Its like catching you sack in your zipper,it  just becomes a ball ache...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »

Yes, and after reviewing the logs and other logs with known ARMD intervention, the pattern doesn't match. ARMD is typically much slower oscillations.

Need to log the various torque variables... which means we need somebody to disassemble the AK file and find the RAM locations..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:12:46 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
A4Rich

« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »

Need to log the various torque variables... which means we need somebody to disassemble the AK file and find the RAM locations..
I am working on disassembling the 518AK 003 file again, I had previously tried and didn't really understand the output (used this thread for help).  Any clues as to what I am looking for? lol
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2014, 01:48:40 PM »

I've found in most cases with timing oscillations adjustments in KFZWOP/op2 fix the issue. I believe it has a lot to do with the torque model calculation.
thelastleroy

« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2014, 03:08:22 PM »

I've found in most cases with timing oscillations adjustments in KFZWOP/op2 fix the issue. I believe it has a lot to do with the torque model calculation.
What adjustments do you recommend?
littco

« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »

I'd suggest u set uof and ufil to 99% if only temporary to see if the swing goes, if it does them to is active.. Again imo I can't see any reason why setting both to 99 would cause any issues long term , other than its not how bosch would like it...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2014, 03:44:56 PM »

You'll just get level 2 intervention, which you really don't want.

No, i'd rather figure out the real source than italian tuning it.

ECUx Plot

thelastleroy

« Reply #359 on: December 06, 2014, 05:13:56 AM »

Yes, and after reviewing the logs and other logs with known ARMD intervention, the pattern doesn't match. ARMD is typically much slower oscillations.

So we need a disassembler. Who is up to the task? Rich says he's working on it with mixed success, is anyone willing to take this on or give Rich a bit of guidance? I know it's a "beginner" thread, but the current timing swings are not satisfactory to call this "good enough". This is me reaching out to the advanced guys on here to help keep this thread moving, so we can get it right and put it to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: