Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502395 times)
TLS

« Reply #540 on: September 06, 2015, 10:19:30 PM »

Have you checked your fuel trims (and understand how they work)?
Remember that when you "clear codes" you also reset your trims and need to drive around a while to get them to regenerate.

overclockedpc

« Reply #541 on: September 08, 2015, 04:39:57 PM »

Well, I don't know what I'm doing right or wrong here....I need to get more organized with my bins and changes.  I flashed a file earlier that yielded better results than this current file but I overwrote the changes and didn't document exactly what I did.

Any ideas as to what to try next? Did I adjust KFTLAFA and ZKLAMFAW correctly?
overclockedpc

« Reply #542 on: September 08, 2015, 04:42:22 PM »

Have you checked your fuel trims (and understand how they work)?
Remember that when you "clear codes" you also reset your trims and need to drive around a while to get them to regenerate.

If I'm reading the logs correctly, fuel trims seem ok.  I could be wrong though.

One issue with everything that I've done today is that its about 105 degrees outside and I'm pretty sure the SMIC isn't going to keep up.  Considering I live in Los Angeles and it's almost always hot out here, I'm considering upgrading to an FMIC, even a cheapie from ebay has to be better than stock, no?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #543 on: September 08, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »

Well, I don't know what I'm doing right or wrong here....I need to get more organized with my bins and changes.  I flashed a file earlier that yielded better results than this current file but I overwrote the changes and didn't document exactly what I did.

Any ideas as to what to try next? Did I adjust KFTLAFA and ZKLAMFAW correctly?

Much better Smiley

If anything, it may be a bit too early.. your gas mileage and/or spool may suffer...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
overclockedpc

« Reply #544 on: September 08, 2015, 04:53:05 PM »

Well, that makes me feel a lot better. At least now I know I'm on the right track.

Looking at charge temps, can those be a factor in why  I'm getting knock? Or is it more likely still fueling at this point?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #545 on: September 08, 2015, 04:55:23 PM »

Looking at charge temps, can those be a factor in why  I'm getting knock? Or is it more likely still fueling at this point?

On 91oct you may need more fuel (at or below 12) as was already pointed out.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
overclockedpc

« Reply #546 on: September 08, 2015, 05:04:16 PM »

I was down to 11.9 on one file and still got retard, think I should go even richer than that?

Does the speed at which the turbo is spooling up look normal? I feel like it should spool up a bit quicker than it is...
overclockedpc

« Reply #547 on: September 08, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »

Thinking about trying the attached as the next set of afr values, it's just too hot to sit in the car while flashing today, I can't handle anymore of this heat.

Is even the stock timing to aggressive for the higher requested loads?

I feel like I may need to start looking at KFLAMKRL, DLAMTANS and KFLAMKRL but they aren't defined in the community project XDF.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #548 on: September 08, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »

I was down to 11.9 on one file and still got retard, think I should go even richer than that?

Likely not. You'll just have to keep pulling timing until it goes away.

91oct sucks.

You can always try dialing back boost, but knowing if that makes more hp requires a dyno.

ECUx Plot

overclockedpc

« Reply #549 on: September 08, 2015, 09:02:52 PM »

I'm actually thinking I can just rewrite the lamfa table with the values and posted above, keep lxdrn as is and pull back ignition across the board by 1 degree and 2 degrees closer to redline/wot. Any thoughts?

I know the proof is in the logs lol, but does that sound like a solid plan?
overclockedpc

« Reply #550 on: September 08, 2015, 11:40:27 PM »

Is it possible to rescale the load axis for KFZW?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #551 on: September 08, 2015, 11:44:58 PM »

Is it possible to rescale the load axis for KFZW?

No reason to whatsoever for stage 1.

ECUx Plot

overclockedpc

« Reply #552 on: September 10, 2015, 12:45:26 AM »

Latest log is attached.  Any comments? I'm sure I'm missing something.... the butt dyno says it's faster, but does everything look right?
overclockedpc

« Reply #553 on: September 10, 2015, 01:07:54 AM »

If I'm setting LAMFA fueling to an afr of 11.7ish:1, should I adjust KFLBTS to match as well?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #554 on: September 10, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »

Much better Smiley

If anything, it may be a bit too early.. your gas mileage and/or spool may suffer...

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: