Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 514240 times)
mdz

« Reply #615 on: October 03, 2016, 12:20:38 PM »

Is there anything else I need to log that could help? This log was done using configuration file found on this thread (posted by Leroy IIRC) with commented out things that wasn't in my *.ecu file. I've also enabled left foot braking (NWPMBBR/VWPMBBR), but I don't think that has anything to do with this issue.  Roll Eyes
Will take car to another run tomorrow.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #616 on: October 03, 2016, 12:39:02 PM »

Is there anything else I need to log that could help?

Not that you can find w/o disassembly IIRC. You probably just want to double check all the RPM limiters in your bin.

Find the one that matches what you are seeing, what conditions it triggers under, and if it correlates with what might be happening.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mdz

« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »

Thanks for reply. Checking limiters came into mind right after you mentioned, but I guess there's more than few of them, isn't it? A little problem with this is that there is no fully defined bin for my ECU, so I had to take the longest route learning how to find maps and define them starting from scratch. So far I got pretty good definition for basic tuning including some rpm limiters, but none of them is set nearly ~5700rpm (NMAX ir 6600 not 6700 I said before). I think i have a homework to do - dig through ME7 datasheet looking for something containing NMAX/NMX and try to locate them in my bin, right?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »

Yes. NMAXDV is the closest candidate I can find offhand w/o knowing more about your setup.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mdz

« Reply #619 on: October 04, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »

Yep, that caught my eye too. Haven't found it in my bin yet, but looking at other defined bin it's about the same value as NMAX. Will try to find it.
What else do you need to know about my setup? I've posted my original bin and definitions here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7004.0
mdz

« Reply #620 on: October 06, 2016, 09:52:44 AM »

Did three more test runs today and RPM wall it hits is randomly different in each run. First run it revs up to 6250, turned around at the end of the road for another run - 5000, then again for one more - 5400. Does not look like soft limiter for me. At least nothing single value-like. Roll Eyes
Will try to lower LDRXN and see what happens then.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #621 on: October 06, 2016, 10:39:42 AM »

Did three more test runs today and RPM wall it hits is randomly different in each run. First run it revs up to 6250, turned around at the end of the road for another run - 5000, then again for one more - 5400. Does not look like soft limiter for me. At least nothing single value-like. Roll Eyes
Will try to lower LDRXN and see what happens then.

Any codes? I see the injectors cutting out, but not the throttle plate closing.

Please post more runs. If it is always at the same MAF reading, check KFMLDMX and MLMAX

If you lower LDRXN it will just mask the issue and you'll never solve it..

ECUx Plot

mdz

« Reply #622 on: October 06, 2016, 11:54:19 AM »

The only code I'm getting is about crash signal from airbag, but that's because there's no airbags and CANbus in my car. Even after ~450km drive.
I got logs from all 3 todays runs. First and second runs are in v1 file, third is in v2. I advanced KFZW timing a little bit to see if there's any difference but it made none, so flashed back my previous bin. That should explain differences in ignition retard compared to my previous log.  Roll Eyes
MAF readings looks ok for me, higher it revs, higher the reading goes, does not stop at the same value each time.
Ok, will not touch LDRXN.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #623 on: October 06, 2016, 04:59:35 PM »

Take another look at KFMLDMX and MLMAX again and make sure they aren't close.

The "same" MAF isn't really exactly right, since KFMLDMX isn't a single constant.

ECUx Plot

royce5950

« Reply #624 on: October 08, 2016, 01:10:31 PM »

I agree your issue won't be resolved, not even close, by altering LDRXN... If you made any changes to kfmirl/kfmiop you need to ensure that any maps sharing axis' with kfmiop have been rescaled to reflect the changes made. For example, if your kfmiop axis was something like: 9...40...72...120...150 stock and now because of the changes made in kfmiop, your kfmiop axis is now something like 9...59...96...147...189 you'll need to make sure that all of the maps sharing the kfmiop axis now carry the same values. Also, any maps sharing those values now need to be adjusted according to the new axis values.

Basically I think whats happening is that your reaching the highest load point from your stock file, and once you reach that load your ecu is now having difficulties figuring out where to go next. thats why your experiencing your issues at slightly different rpms... just a thought. nyet is far more experienced than me so I must disclaim to prevent you from making any mistakes or causing any damage due to my suggestions.

Also, what gear is this occurring in, I'm not sure if you mentioned that already.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #625 on: October 08, 2016, 02:39:22 PM »

No. Load is decreasing when the fuel cuts out.

ECUx Plot

mdz

« Reply #626 on: October 08, 2016, 03:16:52 PM »

Thanks for helping me out  Wink
Here's my KFMLDMX map:

I haven't found MLMAX yet because it's a single value and I still have problems to find them if they're somewhere else than in bins I'm using to define my own.  Roll Eyes
For testing purposes I increased KFMLDMX map, flashed it and did at least 10 2nd to 3rd gear WOT runs during the day. Two of them topped out at 6000rpm, all others went all the way to NMAX (6600rpm).I'll leave it like that for few more days just to be sure.
What was interesting for me, there was only one ignition retard event in one cylinder with this tune compared to my previous tunes. Maybe not a big deal, but still...
I haven't mentioned gear this is occurring, but it can be seen in my logs. It's 3rd gear, but it happens in 2nd too. Testing 1st is useless and haven't tried 4th because I don't want to lose my drivers license (even 3rd tops out at ~130kmph with 90kmph allowed, 50kmph on the road I'm using to test my tunes). IRL/IOP maps are untouched, I think I need some more reading to fully understand how they work before messing with them.
Log with modified KFMLDMX map attached Smiley
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:40:50 PM by mdz » Logged
royce5950

« Reply #627 on: October 08, 2016, 06:41:03 PM »

Wait.. wut?  Huh  Embarrassed

I think you might have missed school for a couple days brother lol... Heres the homework so you can get caught up before Mr. Nyet hits you wit da pop quiz!

homework for the two days you we're out:

Specifying requested boost

First, make sure the 80-100% torque request (misopl1=milsol/etazwbm/etalab) rows request enough load:

KFMIRL - specified load
    KFMIOP - converts rlmax (from LDRXN) into the torque request cap, which limits the torque request input to KFMIRL

Note that milsol will be limited by the output of KFMIOP (where the load input is rlmax), and the stock values of KFMIOP never exceed 89%. This means that unless you alter KFMIOP, the largest torque request KFMIRL will see is 89%

Specified load/boost will never exceed these limits:

LDRXN - maximum specified load
    KFLDHBN - maximum requested pressure ratio

Specifically, on a full throttle pull, your boost profile will follow LDRXN.

If it does not follow LDRXN, requested load may be getting limited by ldrlts_w (ChargeLimitTurboProtection), which comes from KFLDHBN (after being converted from pressure ratio, to absolute pressure, to load).

K03s and K04s have some severe flow limitations, so unlike big turbos, you will want your boost to taper (not ramp up) to redline. ECUxPlot has a pressure ratio/flow plotter that you can use to compare against your turbo's compressor map.

You will throw a 17963 Charge pressure: Maximum limit exceeded code if your boost deviation is too high:

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
cgramme

« Reply #628 on: October 10, 2016, 03:05:59 PM »

I'm back, and I have been doing a little work since my last post on August 29th. I was having A/F deviation problems and thought it might be my fuel injectors or some type of fuel pressure issue. I replaced my stock injectors with some EV14 550cc injectors, replaced my fuel filter/regulator (again), and inspected the fuel pump which looked good to me. The problem is solved! It seems the cheap filter (beck and arnley) I bought on amazon a few months back was defective and would cause me to loose fuel pressure as soon as I cut the engine off, which gave me hard starts every time. I just replaced with another filter (meyle) that was made in Germany and my fuel pressure is holding and I no longer have hard starts. Smiley

I can finally start working on the stage 2 thread, but I may have a couple questions before I go any further. My A/F requested is a sloped line and I would like it to be flat/horizontal. How would I go about making this happen? Also, I have a 2003 tiptronic trans and there may be a weird interference with pedal position, or maybe it doesn't affect anything... When I drive WOT I only push the pedal down until I feel the resistance on the throttle, Which if I press any further the transmission will shift down (even when in manual mode) and I can't get a good run in from a lower rpm. So maybe this affects throttle position even though it reads 100% when I log. I hope that wasn't too confusing...

Question #2: I am using us 93 premium oct and am still getting a ton of timing retard. I'm using the nefmoto stage1 timing map. I'm thinking it could have something to do with high IAT and I'm sure I am pushing my K03s close to or past its limits. Here is another question even though I bet it's related to the timing retard... My engine load is a lot lower than my requested engine load. I have a guess that the problem is in my KFMIRL and KFMIOP. I am including my most recent bin file and also my first log from today. I took 3 logs today but the results were all very similar. My car is stock with exception to EV14 550cc injectors and a custom intake filter/heat shield. Thanks for all the help so far and I can't wait to figure this out so I can move to stage 2 thread!

NOTE!!!!!!!! this bin file is a test and will cause stock fuel injectors to EXPLODE! Smiley made for EV14 550cc
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:18:19 PM by cgramme » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #629 on: October 10, 2016, 03:15:47 PM »

9psi at 95% wgdc at readline is not a good sign...

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: