Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43
Author Topic: Overrun Flames, Gargle, Pop  (Read 360776 times)
n14

« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2018, 11:45:24 PM »

Hi guys,

i'm currently working on pops / bangs on a Corsa D OPC / VXR with ME7.
- I lowered ZWMIN to -50° everywhere
- KFTVSA & TVSARL to 2.5s everywhere
- NWENG & KFNWEGM to 0rpm everywhere
- I set CWSAWE to 1
- Tried to disable the Tip-In functionality
- Raised FWET & FWEHT by 0.5 everywhere

Got this running on an Astra G / mk4 Z20LET by simply changing ZWMIN. Not working on this corsa.

Just a little bit of gargle. I'm guessing there is too less fuel, maybe because of these small injectors. So what are your guesses and how to raise the fule amount?
Was thinking about using LAMFA for this.

Cheers

My understanding from the overrun cut function is that KFNWEGM is the RPM-Limit underneath Overrun Cut is forbidden. So for example if you change KFNWEGM to your Rev-Limit, Overrun Cut is forbidden for every RPM and the ecu will inject&ignite all the time. You actually made that overrun cut is only forbidden for only a specific time (which does not only depend in KFTVSA! Read this thread, there is an explanation about the waiting time before enabling overrun cut).

-50° KFZWMIN seams very high to me. This value depends on the car, but most people have success on different cars with ignition angles from -20° to -30°.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 11:50:21 PM by n14 » Logged
opctim

« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2018, 12:49:15 AM »

@n14

Ive been reading the whole thread the past few days, so i know what you mean, but: The name of this map is called "Wiedereinsetzkennfeld" in german so its the rpm at which the engine starts to re-fuel after SA fuel-cut, right? If it is, wouldn't it be right then to set it to 0?

Additionally, i tried setting it to 7000, but also no effect on the corsa. Normally I'm working with -40, as in my astra, but as this didn't seem to work, ive been trying this out.

My guess is, that, probably not only in my case, the Tip-In affects the ZWMIN with the ZWSPAE. I tried to overrun this by simply setting everything in ZWSPAE to -40° but the gargles are only getting a little bit louder. Measured with an obd-reader and its -30° when deccelerating. So the angle is late enough. Thats why I'm thinking LAMFA is the right choice.

Am I wrong? I attached an Image of the LAMFA map. Is there anything wrong? like too little injection or so? LAMFA is original currently. Was planning to set first row to 1.
adam-

« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2018, 12:51:31 AM »

Adjust that axis.

0-70% has fuel above 1500rpm.  No need.
n14

« Reply #348 on: June 29, 2018, 01:56:52 AM »

@n14

Ive been reading the whole thread the past few days, so i know what you mean, but: The name of this map is called "Wiedereinsetzkennfeld" in german so its the rpm at which the engine starts to re-fuel after SA fuel-cut, right? If it is, wouldn't it be right then to set it to 0?

Are you German, Ulf?

From my point of View "Wiedereinsetzdrehzahlkennfeld" means the RPM Tresholds wenn ECU starts to Inject and combust again after the engine speed dropped. For Example:
When you accelerate until lets say till 5k RPM and you press Clutch and release the gas pedal, the engine speed drops while (after some amount of time, defined by KFTVSA and some other influences) overrun cut is activated. When the engine speed lowers under the RPM given in KFNWEGM, overrun cut is deactivated again.
In German you would say " Es kommt zum Wiedereinsetzen der Verbrennung".

I think, if you set this value to zero, you will never force to disable the overrun cut, while if you set it to rev limit rpm, overrun cut is always disabled because you always stay underneath the threshold for "Wiedereinsetzen".

I can't help you with the other Questions, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:01:30 AM by n14 » Logged
opctim

« Reply #349 on: June 29, 2018, 02:15:19 AM »

@adam-

So you mean to set the first row to 1? If so, i will try if its working and report.
Is the range from 0-70% for decceleration?
Do you think the tip-in has nothing to do with it?

@n14

Yes, I am.

The only thing I can say about this is that ive got serious pops and bangs with KFNWEGM set to (original value) 1600rpm everywhere. I tried 7000rpm and 0rpm in the corsa ecu and nothing is working. I will test this on my astra with 7000rpm to check if this works.
opctim

« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2018, 02:28:59 AM »

For clarity:

I just changed my username to opctim. ulf91 is a name ive been using for years for a reason I don't quite remember, so i guess its time for a change.
adam-

« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2018, 02:30:36 AM »

No, it's pedal position.  So cruise is always rich.  No need.
n14

« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2018, 02:36:37 AM »

@adam-

So you mean to set the first row to 1? If so, i will try if its working and report.
Is the range from 0-70% for decceleration?
Do you think the tip-in has nothing to do with it?

@n14

Yes, I am.

The only thing I can say about this is that ive got serious pops and bangs with KFNWEGM set to (original value) 1600rpm everywhere. I tried 7000rpm and 0rpm in the corsa ecu and nothing is working. I will test this on my astra with 7000rpm to check if this works.

From my opinion you also should at least try more earlier angles, like -20°. Angles from -18 until -22° work good on Mini Cooper S R56, for example, other users had something around -20, -25°.
Of course TFSI,BMW and OPC engines are barely comparable, but they are both small package concepts with short exhaust manifolds and the cat directly behind the Turbocharger. From my understanding, for Pop&Burble you need enough combustable Fuel/Air-Mixture at the right place in the exhaust system.

I don't know which engine you are driving in the Astra, and i hope i don't get you nerve while writing this another time, but you might give earlier angles a try.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:38:44 AM by n14 » Logged
opctim

« Reply #353 on: June 29, 2018, 02:49:38 AM »

Ok. Will try on the corsa.

I'm driving an Astra G / MK4 OPC / VXR with the Z20LET and ME1.5.5 equipped. -40° results in lound bangs, while -20° only gives me relatively quiet gargles.

No problems with the astra. Already programmed a hard cut limiter with, lets say, 30 - 40cm long flames from the exhaust when running into the limiter. (Kat-Killer, for sure. Did this with decat.)

So, back to my question:

Is there a way of enlarging the amout of fuel injected while deccelerating? TEMIN? TEMINVA?
adam-

« Reply #354 on: June 29, 2018, 02:54:58 AM »

I'm playing with KFKHFM and KFLF just now.  Going to try bumping KFLF UP to see if that'll put more in.

I tried cam switching too; AFR now goes super lean on lift (which makes me think it's now getting air) as before it was just going rich but still no flames.  So I'll add a bunch of fuel in with KFLF.

Timing values, I'm still undecided on too.  -30 at the limiter sees good flames but could be better I think.  Overrun wise I'm struggling, can't find that perfect spot yet.  Currently at -27 tapering down to -21 as the revs come down near 3000.
n14

« Reply #355 on: June 29, 2018, 03:06:30 AM »

No problems with the astra. Already programmed a hard cut limiter with, lets say, 30 - 40cm long flames from the exhaust when running into the limiter. (Kat-Killer, for sure. Did this with decat.)

You will not get any results on your Corsa comparable to your Astra with original Exhaust System and Cat in Place anyway  Cool
opctim

« Reply #356 on: June 29, 2018, 03:12:58 AM »

The corsa already has a 3" pipe. Pre-Cat removed. Main-Cat still in place. My astra is also banging with cat installed and 2,5" pipe.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:28:03 AM by opctim » Logged
opctim

« Reply #357 on: June 29, 2018, 03:31:35 AM »

I'm playing with KFKHFM and KFLF just now.  Going to try bumping KFLF UP to see if that'll put more in.

So you achieved to enlarge the injected fuel amount while deccelerating with KFKHFM & KFLF?
adam-

« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2018, 03:33:18 AM »

I'm trying.  I need to get out and log.  It's too warm just now (32 degrees), so I'm drinking rather than logging.
opctim

« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2018, 04:37:34 AM »

I feel with you mate. Similar temperatures here in germany. Glad i've already installed my 450mm intercooler  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: