Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43
Author Topic: Overrun Flames, Gargle, Pop  (Read 354576 times)
opctim

« Reply #360 on: July 03, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »

So I changed a few values and achieved to increase the injected fuel amout while deccelerating. Did this with CWESWEZ, FWEMXT, FWEMRFA, FWEHT and FWET.

But: Something is limiting my ignition angle. No matter what I do, its not going beneath -27°. I know that i need -40° to make it pop.

So, what is it? I already set KFZWMS to -40° everywhere. What limits my angle??
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #361 on: July 04, 2018, 04:14:34 AM »

So I changed a few values and achieved to increase the injected fuel amout while deccelerating. Did this with CWESWEZ, FWEMXT, FWEMRFA, FWEHT and FWET.

But: Something is limiting my ignition angle. No matter what I do, its not going beneath -27°. I know that i need -40° to make it pop.

U don't need -40 to make it pop, I'm running 25 degrees on BAM ecus and they pop all day (no mods required to CWSAWE or any other map) which is weird and I am NOT sure why this particular ECU reacts so well to changes... all k03s ECUs need to change many maps with not much effect... One thing I can say - best ECU for 1.8T is the BAM ECU i've had easy success with small changes on these cars.
adam-

« Reply #362 on: July 04, 2018, 04:16:02 AM »

Logs?
dream

« Reply #363 on: July 04, 2018, 07:30:29 AM »

On my BAM ecu I only set CWSAWE to 1, set entire KFTVSA map to 2.5, set entire KFNWEGM map to 8000 and KFZWMN from 2000 rpm the 2 lowest load rows to -37.5.
Oh and LAMFA from 2500 in the lowest row to 0.74 and it gargles and pops, not super extreme but its loud enough to hear.

You can play with KFZW in the lowest 2 rows to burn more into exhaust which gives a louder poppin, also you can play with fueling.

I've never touched any of the maps you're aiming at opctim, so I dont think you should touch those maps to achieve what you want.
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #364 on: July 04, 2018, 07:34:36 AM »

I don't exactly know what you did, but I think you can also achieve easily to have more fuel when you use:
- RLLAMMN (RL-min Schwelle zur Anfettung wegen Brennbarkeit) -> Threshold of RL for enriching for better flammability
- LAMRLMN (Lamdavorsteuerung bei rl < RLLAMMN zur Verbesserung der Brennbarkeit) lambda-value when you are at lower RL than in RLLAMMN

regarding the ignition angle... see the first few pages of this thread...

It seems there have been some unanswered questions in this thread, as well as some getting mixed results, and not everyone is changing the same combination of maps. I'm also curious if ME7.1 and ME7.5 use the same maps to achieve these results. Some people that post of success don't mention what ecu/engine they're doing what changes to. Can someone answer a few questions?

1. Does KFZWOP need changing to get da bangs? I was always under the impression it was just used for the torque model and shouldn't change real world timing values at least directly?
2. I see mention of KFVAKL but it seems like some use it and some don't.
3. I've changed everything mentioned in this thread except KFTVSAKAT which I was unable to find (M box). No pops or bangz yet. Can someone help me find this map? I assume it would be all 00's like I saw it in other definitions I used to find the other maps, but for some reason don't see it.

I'm about to go log and try and change things around, but I need to find KFTVSAKAT first. Am I right in assuming this map also needs to be changed in order to get the desired effect? There was a single post saying that gargles happened JUST changing KFZWMS...Wasn't sure if he meant "JUST along with all the other maps you need to change"

I'm trying to get this working on B5S4 Mbox ecu if that matters in some way.

edit***KFTVSAKAT follows KFTVSA in almost every file I looked at except for the 551G and 551M (probably more, but this is what I looked at). Not sure if I need to worry about this map since it doesn't seem to be present in my file, or find the equivalent of it somewhere else. If you have a G or M box, what did you have to change to get this working? Thanks!

here is the answer:

My car has a ME7.5 (8N0906018H).

I will try to answer your questions from my experience.

1. Yes. There is a constant delta between zwsol and zwopt (upper thick red bar). -> This has to be dzws. AND your ignition angle is following zwsol when lifting off (take a look at the screenshot of my log). There you see the current ignition angle is following zwsol. It seems that is only following in the case overrun and fuel (AFR ~ 14.7). If fuel is cut then the ignition angle follows another value. But this is not important for bangs. Important is, that ignition angle follows zwsol when you lift off and have fuel!
So there is a second delta between zwsol and zwspae. I want that ignition angle follows zwspae in overrun with fuel. When i decrease now my KFZWOP values @ low load and @ RPM where i want pops by about this delta (or some more) the ignition angle will follow zwspae because that's the hard lower border, even if my zwsol is lower.
I hope this is now enough to understand how to get the pops?

2. you only need KFZWMN KFZWOP and CWSAWE to get pops. Everything else is for details. for example you can increase the duration of fuel injected with KFTVSA.

3. KFTVSAKAT is IMHO only needed for the case you lift off foot when you had long WOT runs. -> rich AFR in catalyst and then you don't want to have immidiateley only air there. (much heat, much fuel... then air... -> big bang). Since there are values in KFTVSA it makes no sense to use KFTVSAKAT, because the function uses always the higher values (KFTVSA).

greets
Iain

« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2018, 09:41:33 AM »

This thread has been a very very good read! Thankyou for the info!

Unfortunately I don't have a very good definitions file, so looked at a file for a Cupra with pops & bangs already added on ECM at work after hours.

I saw the timing base maps had all been changed to -30 degrees on the lowest load cell, and understand that changing the timing = pops.

Then there's an 'optimal spark' map that had been reduced -20 degrees in the same areas. I changed these to the same values but couldn't get it to work.

When I went through the files on Swiftec I spotted two maps i had missed that looked very similar although in a different place;

1C581D - half of this map seemed to be set to 80, and the rest to 0 on both the Cupra and my car, the pops mod had been set to 255 - reading through here, I assume this is a fuel cut delay map, and this is measured in seconds, and setting to 255 is just setting the entire table to maximum value?

1C9C42 - This had a value of 800 on the ori, and 0 on the mod file - there were four values in a row, identical in both the cupra file and my file. I think this is the fuel cut?

With these changes done, it pops loudly between gearchanges at high RPM (hence thinking that 1C581D is infact one of the delay maps discussed in post 2), and bangs at the top end of the RPM range. I left timing stock below 3500RPM so it wouldn't make any extra noise in traffic.

Can someone confirm what these two maps actually are? Have attached ori.

Many thanks!
Kacza

« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »

You can place this file from Cupra here.
KasperH

« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »

I still dont know why people insist on changing KFNWEGM  Undecided
The is no need is no need to change it.
And when you do like most people do and max it out in all fields, you loose engine braking.

All the maps i touched to get a nice deep gargle and occasional pops on everyday driving.
And bangs, popping and gargle on hard driving is:

CWSAWE
KFTVSA
NGDNSA
ENSAKHG

adam-

« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2018, 11:28:22 PM »

Last two are ME9.
KasperH

« Reply #369 on: July 17, 2018, 10:22:14 AM »

Last two are ME9.

NGDNSA & ENSAKHG?

They are also present in ME7 Smiley
adam-

« Reply #370 on: July 17, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »

Never heard of them and no defs came up like they usually do for nef.  Interesting.

What do they do? Smiley
KasperH

« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2018, 02:55:56 AM »

NGDNSA is RPM gradient for fuel cut off.
ENSAKHG is a config for when it is allowed to do overrun Smiley

BBSAWE is a fun module  Grin
adam-

« Reply #372 on: July 18, 2018, 04:38:21 AM »

Yeah, I was lazy when I replied, went on to Google because I hate people that don't.

I'll check it out!
birchbark506

« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2018, 09:29:42 AM »

What did you set NGDNSA & ENSAKHG to I found the maps but it looks like there all 1x1 maps
KasperH

« Reply #374 on: July 22, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »

ENSAKHG is a config bit. And I think I set it to 63 to allow overrun in all situations.
NGDNSA is set to -5120 or thereabouts:)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: