Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
Author Topic: Overrun Flames, Gargle, Pop  (Read 362406 times)
elRey

« Reply #600 on: October 13, 2021, 01:24:09 PM »

Good news
Im planning to run dsg and do the same stuff
How about tsrldyn? Is it necessary to use spark cut to get more interesting farts or zwmn is enough?

Zwmngs used in late 8e0 files btw

Iirc kftvsakat used all the time

We need new thread about dsg+me7 with all those niceties

I haven't touched tsrldyn. I still don't know if what I did is good enough to make the pops sound cool. I just know it pops. I want the machine gun sounds. Currently it like a 5 shot, 22lr revolver. Sad

outline of what I did in previous reply here-> http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7174.msg149105#msg149105
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 01:26:07 PM by elRey » Logged
elRey

« Reply #601 on: October 15, 2021, 06:58:07 AM »

With enabling the conditions for pops finished, I like to discuss fine tuning/optimizing fuel, air, timing to get the desired 'style' of pops/bangs.

I'd like to ask anyone that is willing to post logs of throttle plate angle, zwout, and inj time AND a video or sound clip of their current setup IF it's doing exactly what you want.

It would be nice if we had a catalog of what timing/fuel/air setting = what sounds (keeping in mind exhaust hardware has a big impact).
And then be able to roadmap things like 'more fuel = louder bangs', 'more air = more number of pops', or 'less timing = more rapid pops' etc

fgawly

« Reply #602 on: February 09, 2022, 03:53:27 PM »

Searching for KFTVSA :-(
eliotroyano

« Reply #603 on: February 10, 2022, 03:14:11 PM »

With enabling the conditions for pops finished, I like to discuss fine tuning/optimizing fuel, air, timing to get the desired 'style' of pops/bangs.

I'd like to ask anyone that is willing to post logs of throttle plate angle, zwout, and inj time AND a video or sound clip of their current setup IF it's doing exactly what you want.

It would be nice if we had a catalog of what timing/fuel/air setting = what sounds (keeping in mind exhaust hardware has a big impact).
And then be able to roadmap things like 'more fuel = louder bangs', 'more air = more number of pops', or 'less timing = more rapid pops' etc

Will be really nice to summarize it. For me marked and loud pops in turbo cars at high rpms are difficult to obtain.
gomku

« Reply #604 on: March 01, 2022, 02:52:55 AM »

Hi, I want to make popbang attached to back window button for med9.1. I made a popbang but I don't know how to associate it with the rear window button.

sorry my english..

yangmeng

« Reply #605 on: March 02, 2022, 10:20:36 PM »

How did you succeed I have the same problem as you  Sad
yangmeng

« Reply #606 on: March 02, 2022, 10:47:11 PM »

https://youtu.be/AIjPuucCXJU

Finally working!

Only KFZWMIN moded, stock KFZW & KFZWOPT.
Same issue. You solve it? Thanks
infernal

« Reply #607 on: April 06, 2022, 12:38:18 PM »

At low-mid rpms is easy to get any style you want but and high rpms (4000+ rpms) is difficult to obtain loud pops or bangs. There is where some info will be nice. I have test from -15 to -35° of ignition timing with no more than gargle and some pops eventually.
Try to add fuel at same load/high rmps (above 3000) with lamfa. This will force the open loop and adds excess fuel.
With ignition you will be able to control the loudness, and with fuel the style:popcorn, bangs, crackle, etc.

Do not forget to set next load just a little bit bigger and with lambda 1.0, so to not waste fuel when not needed.

Jannik07

« Reply #608 on: April 28, 2022, 02:30:53 AM »

Lamfa is not active on overrun in my experience.
A tested and verified method to control fuel on overrun would ne nice
prj

« Reply #609 on: April 28, 2022, 04:55:56 AM »

Do you guys even understand what overrun means?
Injectors are off. Not only is lambda target set to fixed value, but it's completely irrelevant, since they're not spraying.
Even during SA transition, not overrun (that you are increasing) any fuel sprayed is already just going to exhaust, because there is no air in the cylinders.

Playing with fadeout mask has some interesting effects and that is how OEM does it, but without code you are not going to get there.

Editing lamfa map is full on retarded. As is saying that some kind of closed loop is active during SA.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
bamofo

« Reply #610 on: April 28, 2022, 11:18:22 AM »

Try to add fuel at same load/high rmps (above 3000) with lamfa. This will force the open loop and adds excess fuel.
With ignition you will be able to control the loudness, and with fuel the style:popcorn, bangs, crackle, etc.

Do not forget to set next load just a little bit bigger and with lambda 1.0, so to not waste fuel when not needed.

If you want "overrun" you need to find - KFTVSAKAT

That will allow you to run the injectors based off RPM after pedal is let off for upto... whatever max value is on your car.
terminator

« Reply #611 on: April 28, 2022, 12:32:57 PM »

Playing with fadeout mask

Could you please be more specific?) Do you mean how smoothly the injection fadeout?
infernal

« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2022, 01:10:23 AM »

Do you guys even understand what overrun means?
Injectors are off. Not only is lambda target set to fixed value, but it's completely irrelevant, since they're not spraying.
Even during SA transition, not overrun (that you are increasing) any fuel sprayed is already just going to exhaust, because there is no air in the cylinders.
Playing with fadeout mask has some interesting effects and that is how OEM does it, but without code you are not going to get there.
Editing lamfa map is full on retarded. As is saying that some kind of closed loop is active during SA.
The trick with lamfa works well, at least for me and I guess in case if for your ecu you need to reduce KFZWOP
at low loads to get pop/bangs.
Here are my observations: when you lift off pedal the torque intervention happens and zwout follow KFZWOP - X
where X some  calculated value, I guess depends on how much and fast torque should be reduced. zwout limited to KZWMN.
During this process the fuel still injected. When torque intervention finished, zwout follow KFZW. And until time in KFVSA the fuel still will be injected. Then fuel cut off happens.
So, I just setting KFVSA to 2sec, KFZWOP, KFZW and KZWMN in same rpms/low load areas to some retarded timing and adding fuel
with lamfa in same areas.

infernal

« Reply #613 on: May 27, 2022, 03:37:00 AM »

Lamfa is not active on overrun in my experience.
A tested and verified method to control fuel on overrun would ne nice
Well, as I understand, lamfa is just a multiplier for injection pulse.
So, the final pulse is: PULSE(calculated from air mass) * KFLF * (LAMFA or LAMDA CONTROL if 1.0).
It's more complicated, includes fuel trims, etc, but doesnt matter.
Lambda control is active if lamfa is 1.0 or load is above threshold in RLRUN and below in RLRAN.
It's also more complicated but doesnt matter.

But even if lambda control is not active (so, ecu in open loop) due to some reason other than lamfa is not 1.0,
then pulse will be just PULSE(calculated from air mass) * KFLF, and the KFLF is tuned from factory to nearly stoich afr.
But with stoich seems you will not get good results, atleast at rpms above 3000. Should be leaner or richer.
Lamfa allows you to make it richer.
If lamfa ignored for some reason, you can make it richer with KFLF (or  leaner), just be sure ecu in open loop.

I tried with leaner afr also. The more ignition retard and you getting very loud bang, but only once,
less retard and you getting it more often but less and less loud. So, finally I used a richer mixture with lamfa.

prj

« Reply #614 on: May 27, 2022, 06:00:32 AM »

The trick with lamfa works well, at least for me and I guess in case if for your ecu you need to reduce KFZWOP
at low loads to get pop/bangs.
I don't put farts on my cars thanks. Nor do I need your "advice".
As said before, the best effect is with different fadeout/cutoff mask. Lamfa does not do what you think it does this way. The difference is negligible.

Either way, instead of writing walls of text, post logs. What a waste of time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
  Print  

Jump to: