Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43
Author Topic: Overrun Flames, Gargle, Pop  (Read 354612 times)
dayofthejackal

« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2015, 08:35:20 AM »

After a bit of logging I've found on low speed lift off I need at least -10 to gargle and pop and -18 to bang, but -27 seems to give the loudest multiple bangs on gear change and over 4k lift off.

DotJ Tuned - Look in HEX for DayoftheJackal
dayofthejackal

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2015, 11:03:23 AM »

KFZWOP at minus values makes it really pop..  I've got it at -20 and its really loud, almost a bit too loud.

I know what you mean, even the slightest lift off gives me multiple bangs and lifting off on the motorway just sounds ridiculous, but I like it.

Tried KFZW at -19.5 instead of KFZWOP, but found it gave me a lumpy idle. So I have gone back to using KFZWOP for now.

mushtafa

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »

Could someone point me to a thread regarding KFZWOP. I don't understand it myself. I tried doing some research, but haven't really found much. As far as I know, as it's the optimal ignition angle, this map is used in all situations? Also, KFZWMN is the lowest angle it can use, so how does KFZWOP make a difference? Just to play and experiment with, what is regarded as 'safe'?

On another note, since this mod, I've noticed the instantaneous MPG on the cluster doesn't change to --- when on overrun. I understand this, as the fuel cut on overrun has been switched off, so it's still using fuel. But, KFTVSA is the time delay for fuel cut. My maximum reading in that table is 2.5 seconds. Shouldn't the fuel cut switch back on after this time?

Thank you all...
mushtafa

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »

This is what I've got set at the moment
dayofthejackal

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2015, 09:48:34 AM »

The idle problem with KFZW was with the load% axis and the minus timing falling on the idle.

Idle load 18%
Minus timing 10%
Normal timing now 17%, before 20%

I now have my perfect idle back  Grin I have also reduced the minus timing under 1,500 rpm on low load to make it a gargle and not bang for casual driving.

spacey3

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2015, 10:10:58 AM »

The idle problem with KFZW was with the load% axis and the minus timing falling on the idle.

Idle load 18%
Minus timing 10%
Normal timing now 17%, before 20%

I now have my perfect idle back  Grin I have also reduced the minus timing under 1,500 rpm on low load to make it a gargle and not bang for casual driving.

From your logs, does the timing go down to minus' and then to 0 and back again continuously?

Mine is doing that and is confirmed by the bangs - pops and bangs -> quiet -> pops and bangs -> quiet

Anyone have any suggestions to what could be intervening?
dayofthejackal

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2015, 10:40:04 AM »

From your logs, does the timing go down to minus' and then to 0 and back again continuously?

It did on the lumpy idle - then + then - etc, but not on lift off I just get - until idle or throttle re-applied.

spacey3

« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2015, 10:41:23 AM »

Hmmm, need to do more digging...
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2015, 04:14:45 AM »

Could someone point me to a thread regarding KFZWOP. I don't understand it myself. I tried doing some research, but haven't really found much. As far as I know, as it's the optimal ignition angle, this map is used in all situations? Also, KFZWMN is the lowest angle it can use, so how does KFZWOP make a difference? Just to play and experiment with, what is regarded as 'safe'?

zwout is zwsol within the borders zwbas (high border) and zwspae (low border).
if you lift off and want bangs you have to get a late ignition, so zwout has to be late. either zwsol or zwspae is limiting this.
you have influence on zwspae mainly with kfzwmn.
zwsol is zwopt +- dzws. zwopt you get out of kfzwop.

I think this should be enough information to get it. read and learn. Smiley
tjwasiak

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2015, 07:34:48 AM »

I am not sure if this is what you wanted to say but it seems you suggest that KFZWOP has influence on real timing which AFAIK is not true.

AFAIK KFZWOP is only used in torque model to calculate engine torque while real timing is based on KFZW(2) (of course corrected by other maps and knock adaptation/actual knock retard values).
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »

If B_nozwe = 0 then you use zwsol ( = zwopt +- dzws).

I didn't had the chance to log B_nozwe and didn't had the time to get into the topic of B_nozwe. But what I had seen on my logs, the car uses zwsol as your ignition angle when lifting your foot. So it seems that B_nozwe is probably 0.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:31:48 AM by !nfern0 » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2015, 08:10:21 PM »

It seems there have been some unanswered questions in this thread, as well as some getting mixed results, and not everyone is changing the same combination of maps. I'm also curious if ME7.1 and ME7.5 use the same maps to achieve these results. Some people that post of success don't mention what ecu/engine they're doing what changes to. Can someone answer a few questions?

1. Does KFZWOP need changing to get da bangs? I was always under the impression it was just used for the torque model and shouldn't change real world timing values at least directly?
2. I see mention of KFVAKL but it seems like some use it and some don't.
3. I've changed everything mentioned in this thread except KFTVSAKAT which I was unable to find (M box). No pops or bangz yet. Can someone help me find this map? I assume it would be all 00's like I saw it in other definitions I used to find the other maps, but for some reason don't see it.

I'm about to go log and try and change things around, but I need to find KFTVSAKAT first. Am I right in assuming this map also needs to be changed in order to get the desired effect? There was a single post saying that gargles happened JUST changing KFZWMS...Wasn't sure if he meant "JUST along with all the other maps you need to change"

I'm trying to get this working on B5S4 Mbox ecu if that matters in some way.

edit***KFTVSAKAT follows KFTVSA in almost every file I looked at except for the 551G and 551M (probably more, but this is what I looked at). Not sure if I need to worry about this map since it doesn't seem to be present in my file, or find the equivalent of it somewhere else. If you have a G or M box, what did you have to change to get this working? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:55:13 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
!nfern0

Audi TT 1.8T BAM

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2015, 05:08:15 AM »

My car has a ME7.5 (8N0906018H).

I will try to answer your questions from my experience.

1. Yes. There is a constant delta between zwsol and zwopt (upper thick red bar). -> This has to be dzws. AND your ignition angle is following zwsol when lifting off (take a look at the screenshot of my log). There you see the current ignition angle is following zwsol. It seems that is only following in the case overrun and fuel (AFR ~ 14.7). If fuel is cut then the ignition angle follows another value. But this is not important for bangs. Important is, that ignition angle follows zwsol when you lift off and have fuel!
So there is a second delta between zwsol and zwspae. I want that ignition angle follows zwspae in overrun with fuel. When i decrease now my KFZWOP values @ low load and @ RPM where i want pops by about this delta (or some more) the ignition angle will follow zwspae because that's the hard lower border, even if my zwsol is lower.
I hope this is now enough to understand how to get the pops?

2. you only need KFZWMN KFZWOP and CWSAWE to get pops. Everything else is for details. for example you can increase the duration of fuel injected with KFTVSA.

3. KFTVSAKAT is IMHO only needed for the case you lift off foot when you had long WOT runs. -> rich AFR in catalyst and then you don't want to have immidiateley only air there. (much heat, much fuel... then air... -> big bang). Since there are values in KFTVSA it makes no sense to use KFTVSAKAT, because the function uses always the higher values (KFTVSA).

vwaudiguy

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2015, 12:08:52 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to explain things in such detail. Going to try lowering KFZWOP in the appropriate fields and see how it goes!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
madeindk

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2015, 05:58:43 AM »

Can someone help me find these maps on my cupra 2.0 tfsi?  its 9.1 ecu 1P0907115C 386637
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:28:11 AM by madeindk » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: