Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2.7t audi a6 quatro Tuning  (Read 14314 times)
Usernameno1willtake

« on: April 17, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »

Hey everyone im looking to figure out a tune for my 2004 audi a6 2,7t quatro sline i have the original dump from nefmoto program been trying to open it under tuner pro but for some reason its not working. maybe im just doing something wrong agian but i would like to get this figured out. i have the skc and the eeprom dump aswell. ive tried a ecu upgrade that was sent to me but honestly it dont feel no different. im looking for acceleration mostly shes slow from the start Sad please let me know or point me in  direction
dokalanyi

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:53:28 AM »

been trying to open it under tuner pro but for some reason its not working.

What do you mean it's not working?

Do you know what an XDF is? And how it relates to your ECU bin file?
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »

i figured out the program and flashed over a stage 1 upgrade but i believe i need to change something in the upgrade i flashed i seem as its higher revs and faster shift in a way but then agian it almost seems as if it running rich? im at a 10,000 altitude not sure if the computer will adjust  im completely new to this so please bare with me.
dokalanyi

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:51 AM »

If you're completely new, start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Then here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6695.0title=

Don't rush it though. If you're planning to tune the car yourself, then you should flash back stock file and take your time. You'll be able to figure out most things in ~2months.
AARDQ

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:45:00 PM »

Hey everyone im looking to figure out a tune for my 2004 audi a6 2,7t quatro sline i have the original dump from nefmoto program been trying to open it under tuner pro but for some reason its not working. maybe im just doing something wrong agian but i would like to get this figured out. i have the skc and the eeprom dump aswell. ive tried a ecu upgrade that was sent to me but honestly it dont feel no different. im looking for acceleration mostly shes slow from the start Sad please let me know or point me in  direction

I was going to ask about altitude -- that's why it's slow off the line and also why no faster -- Until the turbo spools, you have a relatively small engine that's down over 30% on power (roughly 3% per 1,000 ft lapse rate) - -which also means that the turbo spools more slowly (lower exhaust energy)  so it's a double whammy.  And then you run into pressure ratio limitation (KFLDHBN), which means that unless you modify that map you indeed will not see an increase in power.  And at 10,000', there's probably not much headroom with raising allowable pressure ratio before overspeed becomes a concern.

Even my RS6 has materially greater lag off the line (I'm at 6,000') than at sea level -- but way better than my 2.7T.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:42:12 PM by AARDQ » Logged
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:33:51 PM »

right on guys i was useing the mbox xdf but after scrolling and reading allot in the ecu xdf spot ive seem to find the correct xdt he says for the 551aa as far as that map goes im going to check it out im just looking into everything before i get another ecu. ive also eleminated the resinator and planned on getting rid of the cats and straight piping her with some 3ft cherry bombs i completely unders stand about the air fuel i just have never done anything with a car besides a holly carb lol thanks for the links ill be sure to check them out! if you guys have any other info on this engine as far as mods and ecu upgrade reads please let me know
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:35:18 PM »

also do you guys know if i can take a 551m and flash me ecu file to it? i cant seem to find a matching ecu
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 10:39:53 PM »

If you're completely new, start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Then here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6695.0title=

Don't rush it though. If you're planning to tune the car yourself, then you should flash back stock file and take your time. You'll be able to figure out most things in ~2months.

ive actually read both of those and im not sure if i missed something along the way and im sorry if this is stupid but the s4 2.7 bin files are the same? my ecu says ME7.1.1 not the (ME7.1) also run into the part my ecu is 4Z7907551AA
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »

so correct me if im wrong i know im not about one part but this other part not really sure.. so with my altitude i should be running leaner due to the fact theres not as much oxygen so there for these numbers in read i have changes and that should lower my fuel correct? with that being said and if im right would there be more to change to adjust to that change?
AARDQ

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »

KFLDHBN has nothing to do with FAR, if that is what you meant by including the map pic in your post.  KFLDHBN is there (along with other maps) to maintain a constant driving experience across an altitude range as well as protect the turbochargers.

Here is a good site explaining pressure ratio:

https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/pressure_ratio

And no, you don't want to be leaner per se -- you want the correct ratio.  So while yes, there will be less fuel, it will still be in the correct proportion to available oxygen.   

You can raise KFLDHBN in the low and mid ranges (as one component of your tuning) but that will have no effect off the line.  You can raise the rpm allowable with left foot braking (s4wiki.com has the map names), but that won't help with day-to-day driving.

There's just not much to be gained at the top end; the K03s will be off the curve and do nothing but make a bunch of heat (and maybe worse).  It's just the way it is; physics is physics.

The M-Box is not compatible with ME7.1.1 (which you have).  Switch to a 4Z7907551R and tune using the xdf that's on this site.  It's very well defined, will have everything you need at this point.

But really (and I mean no disrespect), do some more reading and figure out what is what with respect to turbo engine performance in general and then layer on tuning.

Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 09:46:36 AM »

ok yes i read lastnight about switching to the az7907551r no with that being said i just flash a stock allroad 551r file? just wanna make sure before proceeding. agian like i said i dont wanna go to far without having another ecu just learning for no but have no problem flashing the stock bin. if i read right just from switching from the 551aa to the 551r should alone give it about 30hp gain just wanna make sure before flashing it i found a stock 551r ecu 0261207769 software 366370 me7.1.1 for a 2003 audi a6 551r just wanna make sure thats right and also where would i find a chart for compatible ecus?
AARDQ

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »

ok yes i read lastnight about switching to the az7907551r no with that being said i just flash a stock allroad 551r file? just wanna make sure before proceeding. agian like i said i dont wanna go to far without having another ecu just learning for no but have no problem flashing the stock bin. if i read right just from switching from the 551aa to the 551r should alone give it about 30hp gain just wanna make sure before flashing it i found a stock 551r ecu 0261207769 software 366370 me7.1.1 for a 2003 audi a6 551r just wanna make sure thats right and also where would i find a chart for compatible ecus?

You absolutely want a spare ECU on hand before doing anything.  You can clone your existing or turn off the immobilizer in the spare ecu (either short term while you sort out a bricked ecu or permanently).  It's in the early days you are most likely to fubar.

The AA actually has 15 peak hp more than the R or S (it is from the S-Line) but The R has the tables etc. well defined and does not require any mods to avoid a Programming Not Finished situation.  There are no operational differences that make any difference so far as I'm aware.  (You will need to code for cruise control with VCDS).

Yes, flash the R over the AA. (There are other compatible versions, but none that are fully defined.)  Make sure it's checksummed properly -- there's one file floating around that apparently has an RSA signature error.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:43:55 AM by AARDQ » Logged
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 03:55:23 PM »

You absolutely want a spare ECU on hand before doing anything.  You can clone your existing or turn off the immobilizer in the spare ecu (either short term while you sort out a bricked ecu or permanently).  It's in the early days you are most likely to fubar.

The AA actually has 15 peak hp more than the R or S (it is from the S-Line) but The R has the tables etc. well defined and does not require any mods to avoid a Programming Not Finished situation.  There are no operational differences that make any difference so far as I'm aware.  (You will need to code for cruise control with VCDS).

Yes, flash the R over the AA. (There are other compatible versions, but none that are fully defined.)  Make sure it's checksummed properly -- there's one file floating around that apparently has an RSA signature error.

so i tried to do a check some with the 551r file that i found in the form and its not opening? also when i do a checksum im assuming the comand is also asing for a readout so that iw where the new .bin will be place in the directory of that fold me7check is in?
AARDQ

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 06:12:50 PM »

The program isn't opening?  If that's it, it's a command-line program -- run the checker program  (and the sum-er program, for that matter) from a command window.

For the second part of your question, run the program without options and it will display usage (as the first post in the sticky says).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:15:49 PM by AARDQ » Logged
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »

yeah im running both me7sum and me7_95040 in cmd trying to get it to read the file but it wont says (failed to open firmware) maybe its a bad file? i just downloaded it though from one of these post. also do i want to switch to the r or s? im starting to confuse myself now lol
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: