Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
Author Topic: LC/NLS  (Read 208654 times)
bamofo

« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2020, 10:39:53 AM »

hi i was wondering if someone could help me with a me7 issue.

i recently purchased a car that was previously tuned. i liked the tune but wanted to add antilag and nls, so i sent file to someone to have this added. when i write file to car i get a no start condition, but 1st file fixes this. i have contacted tuner but no reply. i was wondering if someone could check files to see if they could find issues.

no matter what i try i cant get ecu to accept antilag file. when i load tuned file without antilag into winols i get a cks error, but car starts with this file. when i load antilag file winols says no errors. me7check says both files have one cks error.

many thanks

It doesnt look coded right according to IDA pro.
chacarita

« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2020, 05:43:37 PM »

Sorry to bother with a subject that has been long discussed. After executing maZer.gti's launch.exe script which specifies: "Ok now is fixed, tested on 06A906032KP, 06A906032HN, 8D0907551M" The file was created successfully and I even compared it with the original bin on WinHex to check that the changes were done in the proper addresses following the PDF : ME7.x LC-NLS_Rev003. After loading the file onto the car, it wouldn't start although having injection time, throttle was working everything without DTC, only problem was i wasn't getting spark. I understand this was caused by having FTOMN set to 00, as I changed it to 01 (original value being 05) and the car started no problem but the LC was not there. Can anyone guide me in the proper direction? I am having trouble identifying what the problem is or what i am missing. Forgot to mention but i think checksum was calculated properly because i can see in the checksum correction area that changes have been made.
I attach below the files. Thanks in advance for any possible help.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2020, 10:31:29 PM »

If you read all of the discussions you'd know not to do anything with this script unless you know ASM.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2020, 06:18:50 AM »

Sorry to bother with a subject that has been long discussed. After executing maZer.gti's launch.exe script which specifies: "Ok now is fixed, tested on 06A906032KP, 06A906032HN, 8D0907551M" The file was created successfully and I even compared it with the original bin on WinHex to check that the changes were done in the proper addresses following the PDF : ME7.x LC-NLS_Rev003. After loading the file onto the car, it wouldn't start although having injection time, throttle was working everything without DTC, only problem was i wasn't getting spark. I understand this was caused by having FTOMN set to 00, as I changed it to 01 (original value being 05) and the car started no problem but the LC was not there. Can anyone guide me in the proper direction? I am having trouble identifying what the problem is or what i am missing. Forgot to mention but i think checksum was calculated properly because i can see in the checksum correction area that changes have been made.
I attach below the files. Thanks in advance for any possible help.

Both of your modded files have errors with checksums which is why it probably doesnt start. FTOMN 00 vs 01 is just the minimum not what it runs all the time, so you shouldn't have problems with it.

The hook looks right @ 38099D - Code is at A5850 which is what your hook is sending it to.

Can you share your ECU file you used to put in the reference links with his tool??
chacarita

« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2020, 06:40:35 PM »

I used the following .ecu file which was generated by the me7info. The files i uploaded were wrong because checksum was later on corrected. I upload actual file that was loaded into car post chk correction. Thanks for helping a noob out, I really want to understand what I am doing and I tried writing the code manually according to the rev003 instructive but if the ecu definitions are wrong it does not make any sense. At one point i suspected the ecu file being wrongly addressed and can't find any for 32KP ecu.
bamofo

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2020, 09:22:29 AM »

I used the following .ecu file which was generated by the me7info. The files i uploaded were wrong because checksum was later on corrected. I upload actual file that was loaded into car post chk correction. Thanks for helping a noob out, I really want to understand what I am doing and I tried writing the code manually according to the rev003 instructive but if the ecu definitions are wrong it does not make any sense. At one point i suspected the ecu file being wrongly addressed and can't find any for 32KP ecu.

It looks like its hooked right, and the references to RAM look good enough to get Launch control to at least work.

Please try this rev instead though. Also you want to use ME7logger to check all your ram locations are correct. Just go back into the tool you used and find all the variables you need to track. Thing i see sometimes is the clutch pedal sensor is broken and it wont jump logic correctly. I am no pro at this at all, but you seem close to getting it right.
chacarita

« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2020, 03:51:57 PM »

Thank you for the file! I am going to try it tomorrow, I also have a revisited version to try with the details you made me focus on. I'll keep you posted my friend.
chacarita

« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2020, 06:32:27 PM »

Sorry for the delayed reply, shop was very busy.Thanks for helping me with the project and my learning journey, I think i am beginning to understand. Your file worked perfectly and so did a file I got to work. I'll attach below. I compared it in HEXA with yours and see there are differences but it worked.
ebugauge

« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2020, 02:56:58 AM »

Hi, I tried to implement LC/NLS on my car, but it stalls when i press the clutch. Tested it with FTOMN 00 and 01
I attached the original file and the checksummed modified. I tried to checksum it with WinOLS, MPPS and ME7Sum, but it is always the same problem. Could someone help me please? I don't know what am I doing wrong  Huh
Greetings

EDIT: Car is a Audi A3 1.8T ARZ
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 03:05:55 AM by ebugauge » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2020, 08:50:36 AM »

Hi, I tried to implement LC/NLS on my car, but it stalls when i press the clutch. Tested it with FTOMN 00 and 01

Did you write the ASM yourself? If so, post the ASM patches and comments on what each change does.

If you didn't write the ASM yourself you're not going to get anywhere.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
JavaCrash

« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2020, 12:24:44 PM »

Hello all,

What I did for the tune is I took the antilag/2step bin from here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=607.msg5026#msg5026
Then I proceded to follow this guide for stage 2 on that bin that I downloaded from the above link. http://www.myaudis4.com/stage-2/

I flashed it yesterday to my car, waited for flash to complete, and once complete turned off the ignition, and when I clicked the key over, no cel. It damn near killed my ecu. I was only able to recover it once I got it into boot mode and flashed it. No problems since on stock. However I didn't attempt to reflash the tune, because I didn't know if it was something I did, or if it was bad luck. I verified the checksum, corrected the errors, however the ecu took a dump with my file. I attached my completed file before flashing, named STG2_AL_CORRECTED.BIN and also attached the file I pulled off the ecu with galleto while the ecu was in boot mode, if its any help. That file will be named BPULL.bin

I think/hope I just got unlucky, or did something wrong. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

JelloMan

« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »

Hey,

How is it so that on 8d0907551D the launch control and "flat shift" works but not on 8d0907551C? What is the difference between these two ecu's that the same program wont run with C model and can i get it running with my 8d0907551C ecu?

Car is S4 B5 1998 (EU) model.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »

merged with master tard thread

ECUx Plot

bamofo

« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2020, 12:08:45 PM »

Hey,

How is it so that on 8d0907551D the launch control and "flat shift" works but not on 8d0907551C? What is the difference between these two ecu's that the same program wont run with C model and can i get it running with my 8d0907551C ecu?

Car is S4 B5 1998 (EU) model.

Ram locations must be different. you would have to publish both files for us to confirm though.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »

Ram locations must be different. you would have to publish both files for us to confirm though.

None of this matters, since the script is *known* not to work on many, many, uncountable images.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: