Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Actually tuning after disabling CWMDAPP after NA > turbo conversion  (Read 19842 times)
Aardschok

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2019, 01:53:49 PM »

It's there if you need it Smiley been off the car for over a year now, I've no use for it
Blazius

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2019, 02:04:26 PM »

It's there if you need it Smiley been off the car for over a year now, I've no use for it

Where are you located?
Aardschok

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »

UK
Blazius

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 10:44:24 AM »

So,

I upped KRKTE just a tad, also zeroed out FKKVS , and changed CWMDAPP to simple igniton today. It didnt really seem like it made any difference.

What I noticed is that my fuel trims were at 0% nothing was changing , keep in mind this was 1st start after rewrite. Also fuel is still coming out at raised idle from the downpipe, so I probably need to disable cat heating enrichment, could anyone help me find the correct adress for the codeword ?

I still need to fix some hardware issues so, I can actually start to log properly and run the engine more than 3 minutes Cheesy( leaking coolant gasket at the back of the head.. )

Blazius

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 04:48:10 PM »

Anyone ? Also my fuel trims are prolly 0 because open loop, since the lambda doesnt get heated up yet or something I guess. I also way lowered timings on idle on the idle load since it was 27 deg , because again now it with simple ignition it follows kfwz.

I also know that CWKONABG resides in PROKON but there are too many 1's to know which one. Even if I guess how do I actually know if its disabled or not, it not like CWMDAPP.

Blazius

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2019, 11:47:48 AM »

So , to update:

I have been messing around with the car for the last way days, got my exhaust done basically, some minor hardware issues, but I made some light pulls with it, but there are some things that I would like to say / ask for help with.

So for some reason I still do not have fuel trims , only lambda control which is quite rich on idle but not part throttle, so I think I will to adjust fueling via KFK, or FKKVS, but I dont get why I dont have fuel trims.
Initially I though its cause my intake manifold valve is disconnected ( since its not there anymore lol ) but turns out its not the issue because I plugged it back in to not throw the error, yet still no fuel trims. I dont/didnt think CWMDAPP disables fuel trims.

Second, I made a light pull today upwards of 3.5k or so , and it was fine until i left off throttle and about 5 seconds later, EPC light came and the car was barerly running it was bogging etc ( limp mode ). So I pulled over somewhat and turned my laptop on, sadly I wasnt logging. Interestingely the error code was Engine Torque Monitor 2 Limit exceeded or something along those lines.
Now CWMDAPP disabled torque monitoring and intervention, so what is this exactly ? I dont believe I got any leaks in intake/ maf , but I do have surge since I have maf on inducer and that is it, so there is some reverse flow on off throttle, but its fine since there is fuel cut anyway when that happens also the NA maf maps has some reverse flow mapped in according to some self-study, so maybe its related to that.
Also remember NA soft has no max load, and requested load is just a guideline( and disabled in this mode).
I'll try to log tommorow if it happens again and nobody replies after I fix some oil pressure issue to turbo.

I'd appreciate some insight.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:50:12 AM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2019, 01:36:11 PM »

bump
Blazius

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2019, 05:40:54 AM »

So, follow up.

As I have found out even with CWMDAPP enabled torque monitoring is still active, however there is no intervention.

Which means, KFPED, KFMIOP and KFMIRL are still "active". In my previous post I have said sometimes at part throttle , the car went into limp mode sometimes and lost power, which is quite dangerous and it needs a restart to run again.

So what I've done to correct that is that I looked at pedal position , KFPED and KFMIRL and KFMIOP. What I've found out is that KFMIRL directly follows the pedal position for the requested load ( which comes from KFPED and the torque request). I have increased the parts where my pedal position is and looked at the torque request , then modified KFMIRL at those parts.
This has brought requested load to match actual load , and boom no more EPC light and limp... for a while. There is still fine tuning to go but that will come Smiley

Now, what I have found out that sometimes my actual load goes above 100% and guess what I got epc and limp again. I suspect this is because KFMIOP is limited on 100% actual load on the axis, so I'll try to modify that, HOWEVER even with high load request ( above 100%) for some reason my requested load is limited to 100%. Now again as I have said in the past NA soft doesnt have RLMAX or LDRXN etc. , so I am not sure what is limiting my requested load, if anyone has an idea , please say so.

Another thing is , I still do not have fuel trims( last time I checked), which again I dont know why, if anyone could help me find NOLRA value it be much appreciated - but I had fuel trims before the original read.
Second thing, I am not sure how I feel about using LAMFA for fueling , because sure KFPED is still active , there is a lot of transition between inputs to be fueling with that , I'd rather much use actual load fueling than torque request, now NA soft again doesnt have BTS fueling, so is it viable to adjust fueling via KFKHM or FKKVS rather than just fixing up areas. ?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:42:41 AM by Blazius » Logged
Rick

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2019, 12:13:37 PM »

Load is hard limited at compile time on N/A ECU's.
Blazius

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2019, 06:32:57 AM »

Load is hard limited at compile time on N/A ECU's.

Sorry didnt get notification for your post for some reason. So that means requested load cannot be higher than 100%? Because I looked through the FR again and there is nothing( external value/path) that would limit it except RLMAX , which doesnt exist for NA ecus. KFPED also has 120% torque request  mapped into it , aswell KFMIRL has higher value than 100% but the torque axis goes up to 95% only, however there are some values that are above 100% requested load on 95% but it still gets limited.

Thankfully it doesnt seem to limit me though. Im getting 130%+ actual load when the turbo is "on" sometimes and didnt throw EPC yet, so I guess as long as I got the torque requests right ( which can go above 100%) then it wont throw it into EPC.

Or another thing to do is CWRLAPP , there is a bit which sets the requested load to point that only uses the pedal position, and maybe on that you can go above 100%, unles rlsol is hard limited in the end anyway like you say.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:35:15 AM by Blazius » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: