Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Me7.5 Pops & Bangs.  (Read 23635 times)
SlashProm

« on: June 12, 2019, 12:36:23 PM »

Hey guys, not too long ago my old lambda sensor died and when the car was cold (I assume over-fuelling from lack of lambda and also warm up enrichment). It used to bang when changing gear after a hard acceleration.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve this in my first tune. I have read that: Adjusting KFZWMN to -37.5 at 0-30% load, 1480+rpm. Is the way to go but I'm a little confused.

Is this a timing map just for over run? As I don't understand, to me it seems like overrun is less than 30% load and if your over 1480 rpm it will bang when you lift off. But what happens if I'm requesting 0-30% load above 1480 rpm when just cruising?
SlashProm

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 02:32:44 PM »

I just wanted to add this. I know a lot of people achieve pops and bangs with fuel cut, and twin it with launch control for a make shift anti lag. This is not what I want, I don't have forged rods for starters. I just want it to bang as I change from high revs into the next gear to keep a little spool, and for the big kid in me lol. Therefore I though delayed ignition timing would be the easiest and best way for my application.

Car has a 3" decat downpipe and only 1 single resonator, so it already gurgles Tongue
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 03:01:18 PM »

I just wanted to add this. I know a lot of people achieve pops and bangs with fuel cut, and twin it with launch control for a make shift anti lag. This is not what I want, I don't have forged rods for starters. I just want it to bang as I change from high revs into the next gear to keep a little spool, and for the big kid in me lol. Therefore I though delayed ignition timing would be the easiest and best way for my application.

Car has a 3" decat downpipe and only 1 single resonator, so it already gurgles Tongue

search the forum, there is a 30+ page thread about this.
SlashProm

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:51:20 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7174.0

You mean this one? that has about 10 people doing 10 different methods, getting 10 different results? And goes off topic every other post?

"Quote" KFNWEGM is like a threshold for fuelcut. When rpms drop, fuelcut is disabled from this value downwards. So if you want gargles and pops for the entire rpm range and all gears, set it higher than your rpm limit for example.

KFTVSA is the time in seconds i think before fuelcut is activated. But its active only when clutch is depressed. At least thats how ive seen it work on Volvos.

If you want bangs between shifts, lower KFZWMN in the lower load parts. "Quote"

some people say use KFZWMN, some say just use KFZW. and I'm not sure if I need fuel cut if I just want it when shifting at high rpm.

From what I'm reading, I can use KFNWEGM between say 4000-6000 rpm to get the fuel I need, but I'm looking for clarification on KFZWMN, I understand that a negative value in the low load points above a set rpm will delay ignition timing to get some unburned fuel into the exhaust, but wont I be running negative timing in these load points when cruising? surely you can be in the 0-30% load points above 1480 rpm very often? Am I safer only adjusting these load points above 3k where I'd likely never be at 0-30% load. Or am I miles off here? Sorry I'm trying to understand the concept.

*Edit* I think I've had my eureka moment, I opened up KFZWMN and there are a lot of negative numbers in these load points already. So this is a minimum ignition angle map. Makes sense now, I assume it uses this map on overrun. I also don't need to touch CWSAWE, this is great for me as I'll only get the effects of no fuel cut when I want it, after clutching to gear up.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:06:54 AM by SlashProm » Logged
SlashProm

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 03:17:42 AM »

It looks like I'm just going to have to experiment with KFZWMN. I don't have a fuel cut map. I guess I'll start in the higher rpm points at 0-30% load, and bring in the changes lower and lower until I'm happy.

*Update* Edited the first two load lines of KFZWMN to -20 at 3k rpm tapering to -30 at red line. Edited KFZWOP at the first two load lines, decreased original values by 20 from 3k rpm to redline. I'll let you know how it went in the next day or two when I upload my first tune. Logs to come Tongue.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:40:24 AM by SlashProm » Logged
SlashProm

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 02:15:46 PM »

Bit of an update for everyone. I put my remap one the car and all is good, it burbles on overrun and I get the odd bang in second and third with just changing KFZMOP and KFZMWM. I'm looking at playing around with KFTVSA to get some extra fuel on over run but I'm a little confused bout the axis.

Is this a temperature axis?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 02:19:02 PM by SlashProm » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »

yes
dilly

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »

Bit of an update for everyone. I put my remap one the car and all is good, it burbles on overrun and I get the odd bang in second and third with just changing KFZMOP and KFZMWM. I'm looking at playing around with KFTVSA to get some extra fuel on over run but I'm a little confused bout the axis.

Is this a temperature axis?

with my awp i noticed that just by changing the latest possible igniton timing map would ~85% of the time get me a nice flame out of the tailpipe after a hard rev and shift... not no lift shift, just after revving it out a little. it happened more often when i started to floor it in gear down low for example doing 30mph in 3rd and flooring to 5500 rpm. once the revs dropped a few hundred on a dark night i could see the orange flash in my side mirror.

best way is to just keep playing around with it
im curious to see how you make yours turn out when you are satisfied
SlashProm

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 08:01:03 AM »

I've added 2.55 seconds of delay to the 80 line of KFTVSA at 3k and 4k and 1.75 seconds delay at 5k and 6k.

-40 in KFZMWM at the two lowest load points above 3k rpm and I believe -30 in OP the lowest 2 load points above 3k and -20 in the third from lowest load point. I believe 30%.

Its working ok and I get burbles all the time and the odd pop if I lift off just above 3k. I have read that on overrun it usually follows OP but I might have to tweak the normal KFZW maps to see if it actually does. I'm happy as I get regular single pops after a hard acceleration when changing gear. Which is what I wanted. But now I'm going to try and get louder, multiple pops. And maybe look into antilag. Not the real one. Just a few pops in neutral for showing off Haha.

All in all pretty happy and thanks everyone for the help Smiley
dilly

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »

I've added 2.55 seconds of delay to the 80 line of KFTVSA at 3k and 4k and 1.75 seconds delay at 5k and 6k.

-40 in KFZMWM at the two lowest load points above 3k rpm and I believe -30 in OP the lowest 2 load points above 3k and -20 in the third from lowest load point. I believe 30%.

Its working ok and I get burbles all the time and the odd pop if I lift off just above 3k. I have read that on overrun it usually follows OP but I might have to tweak the normal KFZW maps to see if it actually does. I'm happy as I get regular single pops after a hard acceleration when changing gear. Which is what I wanted. But now I'm going to try and get louder, multiple pops. And maybe look into antilag. Not the real one. Just a few pops in neutral for showing off Haha.

All in all pretty happy and thanks everyone for the help Smiley
iirc i  think i did -10 degrees in one of the kfzw maps and let me tell you lol. downshifts are nasty
SlashProm

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 04:12:43 AM »

I'll give it a go. Is it possible to get a hard cut limiter working on the me7.5? it's the HN 0001 ecu, I've been reading through this topic.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=11664.90

But I don't have KFTSRL or FTOMN.
Also my KFSZT had 2 completely different AXIS to the one on the other topic.

Would adding a soft limiter at this stage just double as the hard cut? Or can't I do it with my ECU?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:14:37 AM by SlashProm » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 04:48:19 AM »

Why you didn't post it in that tread?
SlashProm

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 04:51:13 AM »

Because it's an old dead thread. And this is a thread I created in Noob Questions labelled "Me7.5 Pops & Bangs" I'd assume it's better to post here in an active thread with an active following rather than try and revive an old thread.
BlackT

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 05:44:57 AM »

Oh sorry I didn't notice it is you tread, i apologize for that.
How do you think you don't have KFTSRL and FTOMN?
What is you ECU number
SlashProm

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 06:27:05 AM »

06A032032HN 0001

I don't know if my .xdf is just not defined for these files or my ECU just doesn't have these functions.

No sign of KFTSRL or FTOMN and I found that when attempting the pops and bangs on over run last week that I don't have the KFNWEGM fuel cut threshold map. It's a shame as I know KFNWEGM would give me some insane multiple pops rather than relying on KFTVSA max values of 2.55 seconds delay to do all the work for the extra fuel.

Edit: Am I right in thinking that these maps do exist in my ECU but are not defined in my .xdf?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:57:58 AM by SlashProm » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: