Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Wideband & Turbo ECU conversion  (Read 13828 times)
Blazius

« on: January 06, 2020, 06:57:06 AM »

Hello,

so after a year or so I finally gave up an got a wideband turbo ecu to with my setup 4B0 906 018 CG from an audi a4 1.8t, tired of searching for loads of maps and stuff and frankly not worth the time invested to make the conversion run( dont get me wrong its running and quite decent but if you have a chance to go for a turbo ecu in same engine gen, 100% do it, for anyone that wants do similar stuff). Now I know all about the wires and stuff needs to be added, but also have to wire in an n75 and a MAP.

On atmo ecu the powerstage(eskonf) for intake manifold changeover is the same as N75 on turbo ecu, so this means the wiring and pinout should be the same.

The MAP needs ground, signal to pin 101 , and power from hall sender pin 1 ( thats how I see it on some 1.8T wiring diags) right?

Now another issue includes the coils. The atmo ecu runs wasted spark coils , 2 grouped on cylinder 3 and 4 and 2 singles on cyl 1 and 2, so to my knowledge there is only 2 coil stages, this could be an issue with wiring but I cant find much info about it ( like anything with atmo ecu lolz), so some modification might be necessary too.

Third thing is that , what maps are needed to change for compression ratio change( apart from timing maps and whole torque stuff), since I am running 10.3 CR pistons as opposed to 9.5 ( I'll be swapping in some AEB pistons and rods later, cause its winter now, and working on car is meh) and maybe knock sensor differences ( ill check for part nr difference in etka atleast) or maps such as KFPBRK etc, or is this a waste of time and adaptions take "care of it anyway"?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:34:56 PM by Blazius » Logged
macxxx

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 10:34:47 AM »

if its immo2 you only need your SKC from cluster ( no PIN in immo2 eprom )

But as I know the wideband ecus from a4 b5 /a6 c5 1.8t and later ones are always immo3
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 11:32:58 AM »

if its immo2 you only need your SKC from cluster ( no PIN in immo2 eprom )

But as I know the wideband ecus from a4 b5 /a6 c5 1.8t and later ones are always immo3

Yes.

Maybe if some has 4b0906018cg 0001 eeprom read can check, if not I'll just read mine. you never know with VAG legoing stuff around.
Blazius

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 08:06:55 AM »

So, today I swapped the ecu in. VCDS works fine reads ecu everything. As for eeprom read:

I tried with Vag commander 2.5, vag eeprom programmer and ArgDubs tool. None of them reads the eeprom in obd, doesnt matter what I did. Commander and Eeprom programmer get timeout, and Argdubs tool says error 0x50501 and 0x50001 if I set baud to 9600.

The only thing I could read was my cluster dump which I'll post in the dump sections soon, but I found out I might actually have an immo3 cluster even though the VIN ID is missing / blank ( immo3 according to eeprom programmer) and EepromTool cant parse it either, only SKC. ( could be partial read maybe ).

So its either bootmode or I'll try adapting the immo( but then again I need the pins for that which I dont have).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:11:08 AM by Blazius » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »

Is that 512 kb or 1024 kb ECU?
Only newer ECU eeprom can be read tru OBD.

And one hint, don't write with CAN comander. It doesent write eeprom good
Blazius

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 09:36:31 AM »

Its a wideband 1024kb.. It should be able to read thru OBD either way, but it does not. I'll try with my original (current ecu) see if I can read it tommorow, hopefully needed the car today, so had to assemble it.
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 09:47:35 AM »

you can read it in bootmode regarless in the car too open the ecu and set it up to ground the boot pin. disconnect the battery and have the key in the run position. have your laptop all set up connected to the port on the car ready to go. while grounding the pin hook up the battery. continue to hold the ground wire for 5 seconds or so and youll be in bootmode. read or write as you need

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 10:01:06 AM »

you can read it in bootmode regarless in the car too open the ecu and set it up to ground the boot pin. disconnect the battery and have the key in the run position. have your laptop all set up connected to the port on the car ready to go. while grounding the pin hook up the battery. continue to hold the ground wire for 5 seconds or so and youll be in bootmode. read or write as you need

Seems like that will be the case.
Blazius

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 05:37:39 AM »

Right, took ecu apart and tried bootmoding. Battery negative off, key on , ground pin 24 ( tried both on ecu itself and onto chassis), battery negative on, take ground off 5-10 seconds later. EPC light off - Cannot read eeprom... Argdubs tool says no ecu response, VAG eeprom prog same Rx time out. Getting quite annoying now.

Whats seems to be the issue? Can that be 000 resistor (if it even exists) causing issues?

Also got some ME 7.5 NA vs turbo ecu photo differences, which I'll post later on.
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 05:47:52 AM »

You need to leave the key on in the ignition too. So when you hook up the battery the ecu istantly powers up

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Blazius

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 05:53:04 AM »

You need to leave the key on in the ignition too. So when you hook up the battery the ecu istantly powers up

Yes I did, key is on all times ( obviously) another thing: My old ecu actually has a Siemens branded cpu as opposed to this Infineon new style me 7.5, which seems to have caused some issues on the forum for some members ( according to quick search).
BlackT

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 06:14:49 AM »

Yes I did, key is on all times ( obviously) another thing: My old ecu actually has a Siemens branded cpu as opposed to this Infineon new style me 7.5, which seems to have caused some issues on the forum for some members ( according to quick search).
You can't get in boot mode if pin 121 have power.
Remove ECM relay that power pin 121
Blazius

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 06:24:39 AM »

You can't get in boot mode if pin 121 have power.
Remove ECM relay that power pin 121

Just tried that , remove ECU supply relay, same thing no bueno, no ecu response.
Blazius

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 07:00:01 AM »

Just tried with my na ECU , boot into bootmode, get the same error, no ecu response and rx timeout. Tried both with ECU relay in place, ECU relay taken out, ground to chassis etc.

Cant seem to be able to do anything when they are in bootmode, epc light is always off so I know its not in normal mode( MPPS does the same thing when flashing over obd). Starting to think this could be a wiring issue, I dont think it has something to do with the cable since it does everything else fine that a dumb kline ftdi cable does. Thats it for today I think.... Not a great start.

What could be the issue?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:02:46 AM by Blazius » Logged
fluke9

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »

Not very knowledgeable of VAG cars.
But i do know that they have their immo on the K-Line, others have a seperate connection.
Something like that can spit into bootmode comms.

So pull the Cluster fuse and try again.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: