Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Custom stage 1+ having problems  (Read 15957 times)
robek85

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2020, 12:18:48 AM »

Hmmm, have checked some older logs and it looks a lot similar in all of them.

will look closely into that. original sensor died back in 2016 (car refused to start of course) - looking from my history notes - and have replaced with original one but used - identical vag code.

could hydraulic timing belt tensioner be the problem?

thank you

Blazius

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2020, 05:47:45 AM »

Hmmm, have checked some older logs and it looks a lot similar in all of them.

will look closely into that. original sensor died back in 2016 (car refused to start of course) - looking from my history notes - and have replaced with original one but used - identical vag code.

could hydraulic timing belt tensioner be the problem?

thank you

No, the chain tensioner is more likely. Do you hear chain knock?
robek85

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2020, 02:40:51 AM »

Hello

Thank you for your suggestion. I know most of sounds my car makes, but chain rattle isn't one of them.

Very good point - will have a look.

robek85

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2020, 04:40:24 AM »

Hi,

Ordered and installed new OEM camshaft sensor. Reading are shifted downwards but curve is pretty much same. (1st pic)

Few weeks ago did a stage1 for a friend (same 1.8T) and his wnwise doesnt look that much different from mine. (2nd pic)

Any opinions?

thank you
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2020, 05:46:06 AM »

Tensioner fault?
Blazius

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2020, 09:58:23 AM »

Hi,

Ordered and installed new OEM camshaft sensor. Reading are shifted downwards but curve is pretty much same. (1st pic)

Few weeks ago did a stage1 for a friend (same 1.8T) and his wnwise doesnt look that much different from mine. (2nd pic)

Any opinions?

thank you

What is the exact issue you are facing? Go to group 93 and check the last value, if its off by more than 3 degrees your timing is off.
robek85

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2020, 02:22:14 AM »

Hi,

I lost some turbo spool down low, but in other rpm areas all is good. About the same time i saw a code stored about Camshaft in VCDS. I did a log - posted it here and got leaned towards wnwise not beeing OK.

So to be sure all is good, i went and installed new cam sensor and made another log. Now im just trying to verify if this is normal behavior for camshaft position before moving on...

I keep forgetting VCDS can do a lot more than i normaly use.

Thanks
robek85

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »

Hello. It's been a while since i last posted anything.

Long story short - loost turbo spool down low and boost on top -> same time my camshaft sensor died... -> after a lot of testing i found my chinese turbo wastegate to be a little to lose - opening at about 4,38psi (i work at  I&C department - have some serius tools to use) so took some time set it to 5,05 psi and i got my spool back.

Added a quick log(if anyone adds their opinion), still have some small boost oscilation, but overall feels good and reasonably fast.

Have a nice day,

Robert

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2021, 11:45:06 PM »

Looks pretty good but your injectors are absolutely maxed, you don't have much margin for BTS/ATR if something goes wrong...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
robek85

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2021, 12:16:15 AM »

Thanks, really means a lot coming from you.

At the moment i can go down to 0,75 at 98%DC as tested. Car is still at 3bar FPR, do you suggest moving to 4bar? Fuel pump should be capable up to 6bar with little reduction in flow.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: