Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: How to bench flash your B5 S4 ECU  (Read 205710 times)
chienliu1972

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »

Actually I bought a brand new ECU 06A 906 032QJ and installed into my car in the VW dealer with adaption. Then I removed the original ECU 06A 906 032HA out. I want to read out the tunned bin and write another tunned bin into it. Also, the brand new ECU is for daily use, which I hope to keep it in normal condition without any risk testing.

I repeat the starting of boot mode of my ECU. Using the NefMoto and Vag-Com to connect to ECU, and see whether the communication could be established. When I ground Pin 24 of 29F800BB and power on the ECU, Nefmoto and Vag-com could not connect to ECU. I think that means the ECU is really in boot mode. Then I power on the ECU without grounding Pin 24, Nefmoto and Vag-com could connect to ECU. Does it means Boot Mode of my ECU has been established normally?

Besides Galletto 1260, the Minimon needs what kind of cable to connect to ECU with Boot mode? How to solve the problem " Boot mode inactive" ? I have re-install the drivers of FTDI again and again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:34:56 AM by chienliu1972 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 03:17:38 PM »

When I ground Pin 24 of 29F800BB and power on the ECU, Nefmoto and Vag-com could not connect to ECU. I think that means the ECU is really in boot mode. Then I power on the ECU without grounding Pin 24, Nefmoto and Vag-com could connect to ECU. Does it means Boot Mode of my ECU has been established normally?

I feel you are on the right track here... there is something else wrong with your setup.

Have you tried a different PC/laptop?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
chienliu1972

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 03:40:39 PM »

I tried in three different laptops with Win XP, ASUS Eeepc, IBM X31, & IBM T42. All of them with the same error, "Boot mode inactive".
I first plug Galletto 1260 cable then the XP requests for driver of the new device. Then I introduce the folder with Galletto 1260 driver to XP to install it's driver.
Next, I power the ECU with ground pin 24, plug the Galletto 1260 cable, open the  "Eobd 1260.exe", click "ECU data", no any information of ECU shown. Ok, ok, gives " Boot mode inactive".
I think the cable may be something wrong, but how to clarify it. When using normal protocol of Galletto 1260 to read my vw sharan 1.8T, the Galletto always sticks in XP.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:06 AM »

Turn on the ECU with the boot pin grounded, just before you attempt to connect.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
chienliu1972

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »

I bought a KWP2000 Plus kit(clone), which may supported bootmode of ME7.X. Does anyone test KWP2000 Plus in bootmode? I would try and report.
pvl

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »

KWP2000+ NO bootmode . it does NOT work. Use KWP2000+
with benchflashcable to read and write with ME7-Edition software
from AMT cartech.

GALLETTO 1260 in BOOTMODE-read and write works like the added picture.

Bridge 2 red dots for 1-2 secs when applying power to the ecu. I made a
separate switch in my benchflashcable to simulate the ignition-key. The other 12v
is continuously fed. I think that this is your problem. If you undo ALl power, or
put all power on, at once, the galletto doesn't work correct.

Gonzo

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »

With MPPS I have no issues on boot mode. Ground pin, power on ECU. Hit write and then let go of ground.
chienliu1972

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:40 PM »

The self-made Bench Harness could be attached photo. (Sorry, I modified the original one)
vtraudt

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2011, 06:35:46 AM »

Has anybody made a few ECU plus OBDII harnesses and sells them for a reasonable price.
Looks like one of those plus a power supply.

Why is no one stating how much amp the ECU draws so we can put some accuracy in the 'stable' and 'good' and other non descriptive specifications in the 'power supply requirements'?

Can someone put get the amps it draws? Then we know.

I assume a car battery on a charger would do ok (but voltage is then a bit higher then 13.5V).
How about the 'jumper boxes'?
If computer power supply, what should the 12V rating be (the amps are always printed on the power supplies, so easy to figure out).
Those using computer power supplies: what ratings does yours have that WORK?

2002 Allroad 2.7T 6spd stage 2
1998 A4 1.8T 5spd stage 3
1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
TTQS
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »

I'm interested in principle in this process to read my ECU code but it all looks awfully Heath Robinson and prone to problems for someone who is not an electronics engineer, except with the fancy cable illustrated  Wink

The cable manufacturer is Shenzhen Autodiag Electronics Co., Ltd. This link is all I could find.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-products/universal-parts-301/1299140.html

When I looked in ELSAWin for how to get at the ECU which is hidden away in the plenum on a TT, it quoted two procedures for removal: one if there was no protective cover (easy, happy days) and one if the ECU has a protective cover which involves breaking security sealed bolts using a heat gun. I haven't even looked to see which type I have but am put off even at that stage  Sad

TTQS
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:58:26 PM by TTQS » Logged
infinkc

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »

I'm interested in principle in this process to read my ECU code but it all looks awfully Heath Robinson and prone to problems for someone who is not an electronics engineer, except with the fancy cable illustrated  Wink

The cable manufacturer is Shenzhen Autodiag Electronics Co., Ltd. This link is all I could find.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-products/universal-parts-301/1299140.html

When I looked in ELSAWin for how to get at the ECU which is hidden away in the plenum on a TT, it quoted two procedures for removal: one if there was no protective cover (easy, happy days) and one if the ECU has a protective cover which involves breaking security sealed bolts using a heat gun. I haven't even looked to see which type I have but am put off even at that stage  Sad

TTQS

i bought one of the cables, but it turned out to be for a different ecu(EDC), i sent them back, they said me7, but it was wrong.  I landed up making one from a used harness instead.

I have been thinking of making a few more if others are interested. 

TTQS
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »

i bought one of the cables, but it turned out to be for a different ecu(EDC), i sent them back, they said me7, but it was wrong.  I landed up making one from a used harness instead.

I have been thinking of making a few more if others are interested. 

Shame. I would have been interested, but sure enough, my ECU has a protective cover so I'm not going to mess about with it. Plus, I don't think I'll be any closer to flashing off the tune on it.

TTQS
lulu2003

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 11:48:29 AM »

are there any basic harnesses sold in ebay etc. which only have some banana connectors for power supply and spread into several mini isolated clippers to get some of the pins?
_Adrian_

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »

Anyone interested in this cable? i will be ordering a few from a supplier overseas, they are about $55-60 shipped.

Does it have the CAN lines connected ?
If so, I might bite on 1 at least
gregsback

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2012, 02:08:15 AM »

Hi Guys,
I just saw the discussion regarding the bench harness. I have tested this harness / connector shown on the photo. It does not fit to the RS4 / RS6 ECus!!! even though it was clearly defined in the description of the cable. There are the 4 small grooves missing which allows the connector to be plugged into the ECU.
So I decided to cut it out of an original wiring.

BR
Greg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: