Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Big turbo IRL/IOP/LDRPLS/KFWDKMSN tuning  (Read 151189 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »

You can keep the same ECU, but you need to make modifications to code.

Jenner kept the same panties. Doesn't make it right!

I kid, I kid.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2016, 07:56:31 PM »

I kid, I kid.

Triumph!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
giles92

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »

It says to run a realistic LDRXN. What are some methods of determining that from scratch on a new setup? Set it a little high, watch where the actual boost comes alive and graph it off of that?

On 2.7t the k03s spool quick down low at roughly 2000 rpms. With a larger turbo the powerband is shifted and youre not even in much boost till 3500 rpm or so. Is there room to add timing in the 1800-3000 range when your 2.7t is running like a 2.8 N/A? anything else to take advantage of before boost can build?
Carsinc

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »

As far as timing yes Its very common for timing to be added on BT car before the turbo spools.
LDRXN I have always really questioned because really big turbos can has very different spool times in different gears.
I had a 2.0 20v that would not make 15psi in first but made it by 3800 in 4th. So in my opinion thats a very good question
that i will let others answer.
Ken-1

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2017, 10:55:46 AM »

Hello,

How do you do to get the throttlebody to open fully at rpms below spool treashold when running big turbos on small engines? Currently it's not really working like it should on my tune.

Attached a picture of the behaviour. In those loads the IOP and IRL is stock. I tweaked KFMSNWDK so that it is 60 % lower on these loads and rpms and also of course KFWDKMSN is 60 % larger in the same areas. Maybe helped a bit, but not much.

I think the reason is ME7 thinks I will have boost in those rpms but i do not have that. Maybe LDRPLS should be tuned, but I dont think I even have that map in ME7.5 1.8t software? I there something similar?

Also, I have tuned axis of maps KFVPDKSD and KFVPDKSE with: original value * (my base boost / original base boost. Could this make things worse?

Any ideas?

Would increasing WDKUGDN help?

/Kenneth

giles92

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2017, 06:31:56 AM »

What does your kfwdksmx look like around those rpm points? If youre concerned it mighty have to do with boost why dont you overlay req boost and actual or post a log file.
nbdiy

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2017, 11:50:38 PM »

How do you do to get the throttlebody to open fully at rpms below spool treashold when running big turbos on small engines? Currently it's not really working like it should on my tune.

Attached a picture of the behaviour. In those loads the IOP and IRL is stock. I tweaked KFMSNWDK so that it is 60 % lower on these loads and rpms and also of course KFWDKMSN is 60 % larger in the same areas. Maybe helped a bit, but not much.

I think the reason is ME7 thinks I will have boost in those rpms but i do not have that. Maybe LDRPLS should be tuned, but I dont think I even have that map in ME7.5 1.8t software? I there something similar?

Also, I have tuned axis of maps KFVPDKSD and KFVPDKSE with: original value * (my base boost / original base boost. Could this make things worse?

The map you are searching is KFURL.

It correction factor of volumetric efficiency

Example (Values are fictitious):

Your old Charger does 100g/s @ 0,6bar
Your new one has better VE and makes 110g/s @ 0,6bar

So you need to change KFURL about 10%.

desired boost in manifold is KFMIRL*additional factors/KFURL.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2017, 12:31:08 AM »

No. That isn't what KFURL does.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nbdiy

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2017, 02:23:58 AM »

Lets talk about this, maybe I got this wrong, but I got some good gesults with this.

KFURL-> psrlro_w*ftbr_w -> fupsrl_W

rlsol_w/fupsrl_w -> pssol_w

KFURL is dependent on NWS. NWS would influence VE, too. But even on Cars without NWS KFURL is used...

So from my understanding this correction for pressure/filling and inverse..
prj

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2017, 05:58:45 AM »

No. That isn't what KFURL does.
That is exactly what KFURL does.

@nbdiy, you are correct.
KFURL is the base VE map and then KFPBRK/NW and KFPRG are corrections from that - multiplicative and additive.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nbdiy

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2017, 06:29:52 AM »

Thank you, I´ve done few cars this way and this gave me really good results.

ftbr_w is mostly about 1,1-1,3. So if I want to calculate KFMIRL very approximately to boost I go KFMIRL*1,2/KFURL
(Very very approximately of course, its possible to make a full formula with the fr, but this need few more factors)

(edited middle part because it could have been misleading)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:05:52 PM by nbdiy » Logged
Ken-1

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2017, 11:53:09 PM »

The map you are searching is KFURL.

It correction factor of volumetric efficiency

Example (Values are fictitious):

Your old Charger does 100g/s @ 0,6bar
Your new one has better VE and makes 110g/s @ 0,6bar

So you need to change KFURL about 10%.

desired boost in manifold is KFMIRL*additional factors/KFURL.

Hello,

That could be the case yes. Anyhow, I put axis of  KFVPDKSD and KFVPDKSEback to stock and now the throttle plate opens fully also off boost.

Maybe this is incorrect, but it seems to be quite smooth anyhow so I will live with it like this. No need to overengineer just now.

Br. Kenneth
DavidPrefs

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2017, 02:14:33 AM »

Did the intake change when doing the install? If so, from what to what?

What are you using for the calculated hp? Or do you have actual runs on the dyno?

Do you have any way of measuring pressure at the outlet of the turbo and compare that to the intake manifold pressure?

Did you find a log yet?

And that thing is a beast

Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2022, 09:42:20 AM »

Nefmoto's top members say:

"No. That isn't what KFURL does."
"That is exactly what KFURL does."

Neither accept PMs.
Both know everything.

This is exactly what's Very wrong with this community.

"Shoulda done your research!
It's all been posted on the forum years ago!
Вы не читаете по-русски?"

At this point, that statement is about as valid as the infinite monkey theorem...

"The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare."

The tuning wiki hasn't been updated in 10+ years.
Sifting through dead flies..

No organization or collaboration from the community ever.
Bunch of selfish and unhelpful know-it-all., IMO.
This place died 5+ years ago.
In a giant disorganized mess.

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

Guitar24t aka Robert Hilton
SparkyR aka Brandon Halme
Prometey1982 aka Artem Vasiliev
MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
PRJ - Dmitri from Estonia
Blazius

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2022, 11:56:38 AM »

Nefmoto's top members say:

"No. That isn't what KFURL does."
"That is exactly what KFURL does."

Neither accept PMs.
Both know everything.

This is exactly what's Very wrong with this community.

"Shoulda done your research!
It's all been posted on the forum years ago!
Вы не читаете по-русски?"

At this point, that statement is about as valid as the infinite monkey theorem...

"The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare."

The tuning wiki hasn't been updated in 10+ years.
Sifting through dead flies..

No organization or collaboration from the community ever.
Bunch of selfish and unhelpful know-it-all., IMO.
This place died 5+ years ago.
In a giant disorganized mess.

I think you need an eye check buddy "This page was last edited on 8 June 2022, at 12:37."

It doesnt matter what people say, this ECU is almost bloody open source. Take what the members say think about it, and if you dont "trust" them , then go open the funktion pdf and have a look for yourself its all laid for you.

But if you have no fuckin clue about a certain topic or something and someone spoon feeds information then the only thing you can do is use it and trust them. If not its not correct or something there will still be a discussion about it from other members.

Another thing, the information that has been posted here over the years is still valid to these days, almost every combination and route has been exhausted and talked about, and if there is something that wasn't then go on, make it a better place by doing it yourself, same with the wiki - you know almost anyone can edit it right? Not happy? Go do it yourself, but nah, its easier to talk shit and complain isnt it.

If you are not happy with the content or quality of it  in the recent years why dont you be a pillar member and take up the 'mantle' that was carried by others in the past years? Again refer to above ^.

Get a grip
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: