Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502540 times)
Carsinc

« Reply #645 on: October 16, 2016, 08:46:27 PM »

Neither are related to the unsolvable problems introduced by not having an airbox

I would not say unsolvable, but tough sure. On the jetta/ golf there is room to have straight pipe in front
of Maf. There is awlays adding extra air straightener.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2016, 09:43:03 PM »

I would not say unsolvable, but tough sure. On the jetta/ golf there is room to have straight pipe in front
of Maf. There is awlays adding extra air straightener.

by unsolvable i meant "restricted to map adjustment"

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cgramme

« Reply #647 on: October 17, 2016, 12:27:30 AM »

This might be a better solution for someone trying to get a little more flow from the stock air box.
http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php/25665-DIY-Air-Box-Mods-for-B6

I've been running a filter on my MAF with a large heat shield for a few months now and although I enjoy the extra space under the hood and the turbo sounds The IATs are too high to justify the setup. I was going to relocate the filter to where the SAI pump was located but then I would have to worry about water being sucked into the system when it rains. I do think the stock intake system is a little restrictive under increased power so this might be a decent solution. Not sure if all the vents/mesh is necessary though, could just drill some holes in the wheel well liner and call it a day if need be.
cgramme

« Reply #648 on: October 22, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »

I reflashed with the nef_stage1_tunedv7 file and did another log to see if it would put my wastegate duty cycle back in check and it did. I've been having an issue with engine load not meeting the requested load. I am testing on an tiptronic trans and have a guess as to why this is happening but I'm not 100%. Since I have the tiptronic if I push the pedal all the way to the floor it will automatically downshift and I'm unable to get a good run in from a lower rpm. What I've been doing is only pressing the pedal until I feel sort of a resistance in the pedal (90% depressed or so), if I press it anymore it downshifts. It will still downshift even if I have it in "manual mode". If I modify KFMIRL or possibly KFMIOP maybe I could get it to register full load at the 90% throttle position. Although, ecuxplot is showing that throttle posistion is 100%... I'm kinda stumped as to what is going on. And then again maybe it has nothing to do with this at all. Does anyone also have a tiptronic and have logs to go with it?
cgramme

« Reply #649 on: October 22, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »

Here are the files to go with it... I also have to do the logs in 2nd gear.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #650 on: October 22, 2016, 06:06:31 PM »

One more time: the PID is not driven by load errror. Also, I have no idea why every noob thinks every problem is always IOP related.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:08:23 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cgramme

« Reply #651 on: October 22, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »

I was hoping for a little insight to what may be happening. No CELs or anything else to go by... I'm no expert yet when it comes to tuning and questions are my only way of figuring things out that I can't find answers to. I'm sure it's frustrating dealing with us noobs, but I'm sure someone on this forum will be wiling to help a novice that wants to learn. Anyone out there tune their tiptronic and have or have not had load issues? 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #652 on: October 23, 2016, 01:47:03 AM »

Your load is fine. The only strange thing is lambda control is acting funny between 5700 and 6100 and again at 6300, causing some rich behavior.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:53:25 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

cgramme

« Reply #653 on: October 23, 2016, 10:23:33 AM »

Out of about 6+ logs the lambda was only like that in the one csv I posted. I flashed the new file and pretty much immediately did the log, which I should have drove for a  little letting the fuel trims catch up. You can see the lack of STFT (lambda control) in those certain rich areas. Hopefully this was the cause. This is me just trying to be 100% sure but you said my "load is fine", should I not wonder why it's not meeting requested? I noticed that my MAX-Load in every log I've ever done has never been greater than about 84%.  I'm also getting about 6deg timing pull within every run. I'm not really looking for the answer as to why my logs are like this it's more of me trying to narrow possible causes down so I can diagnose. Thanks for the feedback! 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #654 on: October 23, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »

This is me just trying to be 100% sure but you said my "load is fine", should I not wonder why it's not meeting requested?

No, you really only care if the boost PID isn't working right or you get torque intervention

I'm also getting about 6deg timing pull within every run.

More fuel and/or less timing. This is the wrong place to teach you the basics, it is all covered in the thread already, or elsewhere.

This thread is bad enough as it is with 40+ pages

ECUx Plot

royce5950

« Reply #655 on: October 26, 2016, 06:20:30 AM »

More fuel and/or less timing. This is the wrong place to teach you the basics, it is all covered in the thread already, or elsewhere.

This thread is bad enough as it is with 40+ pages

lol  Roll Eyes

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
cgramme

« Reply #656 on: October 26, 2016, 10:48:27 PM »

In my case I had to 0 out KFTLAFA in order to get my desired LAMFA to initiate in a timely matter and I now have a flat AFR. Timing is also in check with this change.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #657 on: October 26, 2016, 10:49:01 PM »

0 is probably not a great value, you may want a bit of smoothing

ECUx Plot

cgramme

« Reply #658 on: October 26, 2016, 11:01:32 PM »

There seems to be a bit of smoothing via ZKLAMFAW with this setup. Going by the S4wiki many files already have a TLAFA value of 0, please correct me if I'm wrong.
dokalanyi

« Reply #659 on: November 05, 2016, 05:21:30 AM »

Hey All,
I've followed this thread for like a year now. Had a narrow band, found out I needed a wideband, looked for a wideband car, finally bought one.

Car is a Passat B5.5 4B0 906 018 DJ

Anyway, I've attached my first log. I think I may have taken this too slow. I think I should have changed LDRXN as well, because I just changed LAMFA. From the look of things, doesn't seem like my file has a time delay. But BTS is kicking in.

So questions:
- I'm not able to find maps, could someone be so kind to help me find TABGBTS
- Is my assesment that I don't have time delay correct, or does the log just start after said delay?
- I see timing retard, my suspicion is fuel. I'll try a higher octane fuel. No one around here says the fuel octane rating
- I have weird extra variables. It's like each variable has 2 values

I've attached the screenshot of the change I made (LAMFA), the log and the bin, in case someone can find TABGBTS. Other maps I'd love to have, KFTLAFA, ZKLAMFAW and VMAXNB.

Thanks!

Edit: I found the maps. Going to modify log, and post.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 05:30:09 AM by dokalanyi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: