Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
Author Topic: ECUxPlot v1.0.0 released - please read the FAQ in this thread!  (Read 237435 times)
julex

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2013, 06:12:48 AM »

And one more request, important to me...

Can you add HP/TQ/Accel etc calculations based on vehicle speed instead of RPMs?

The reason I am asking is that sometimes I see wandering nmot_w during WOT pulls which completely throws off the HP/TQ/Accel calculations. I've had this issue before on a different ECU/crank sensor/clutch/FW and it is back albeit in much less severe fashion.

Once you think about it, the way you do it now is actually kind of backwards as it assumes some things like that RPM signal is perfect (but it might oscillate quite heavily if the engine misfires for example and FW buffers the shocks allowing the engine to "rubber band" in respect to drive train) and rpms per mph are chosen right... Working off vfil_w would be more consistent as that's what ECU sees the tranny output shaft spinning at.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »

Excellent point. I've actually been meaning to do this for the reasons you've mentioned.. also not sure if you noticed, but there is some pretty serious smoothing of rpm data built in as well because i've seen the same on some cars..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2013, 06:23:44 AM »

Excellent point. I've actually been meaning to do this for the reasons you've mentioned.. also not sure if you noticed, but there is some pretty serious smoothing of rpm data built in as well because i've seen the same on some cars..

Awesome, thanks! And I appreciate adding raw RPM a while ago.
dream3R

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2013, 03:19:44 AM »

Hi Nyet,

Great bit of kit this.  I was wondering if you could help me.  I did look for this info but couldn't find it in print and I don't have an Audi to test the logger.

I've written a CAN-BUS logger for Volvo ME7 which seems to work nice.  I'd like to output the data to CSV for easy input into your software.

Could you point me a list a list of field names it will automagically like (assuming there are some).  Ideally I'd like to make the process as automatic as possible, it's easy enough to print whatever field names we need at the top of the CSV file.

FYI, the tool will be Freeware in-case you are wondering.  No plans for open source at the minute though.

The variables it may log will be, rpm, gear, ait, coolant temp, egt, throttle, boost, ignition, tcv, desired boost, and both knock sensor voltages.

Cheers!

John.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »

Could you point me a list a list of field names it will automagically like (assuming there are some).

Sorry, I don't actually have an easily digestible list like it, but here are two possible starting points

the source itself (yea, its a mess)

https://github.com/nyetwurk/ecuxplot/blob/master/src/org/nyet/ecuxplot/ECUxDataset.java

but more importantly: some ecu defs/aliases from ME7L (especially the 2nd column):

https://github.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/blob/master/defs/me7_alias.map

unfortunately, most of those names come from ECUx, so a lot of them may not make much sense, especially the Load names.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dream3R

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 02:54:03 PM »

Thanks, that github linky gave me an idea.

Smiley

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

dream3R

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

Thanks, that github linky gave me an idea.

Smiley

Pretty much got it sorted with trial and error and a browse through the source.

It's a very nice bit of software you have written there!! Cheesy

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2013, 08:07:46 PM »

Awesome. Glad somebody actually found it useful!

ECUx Plot

userpike

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:07 AM »

I read in another thread there is a .kp => XDF converter somewhere in a bundle with ECUxPlot. I looked around and I'm not finding it. I know its called mapdump. Where'd ya put it?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2013, 02:03:51 PM »

mapdump.exe in the ecuxplot install dir (or should be, unless i screwed up the installer again)

ECUx Plot

userpike

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »

mapdump.exe in the ecuxplot install dir (or should be, unless i screwed up the installer again)

no, it's in there. I didn't realize it was in the folder until right now because I just checked. I was looking in ECUxPlot the program.  Huh
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:13:28 PM by userpike » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2013, 11:32:29 PM »

updated to 0.9r5.3

mapdump should work now under windows.

ECUx Plot

userpike

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

I tried to open a 19MB log file in ECUxPlot but the file is a Log.xml, produced from Neflogger. Nothing happened but it took forever for nothing to happen. The program went unresponcive for a time and then when I tried to open anything it would just freeze up for a while after. Needless to say I didnt get it working. Is it possible to get log.xml files to load and be analyzed?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »

I have not tried to get it to work with nefmoto logs yet. It DEFINITELY does not support them Sad

Also, it looks like the mapdump.exe is still broken. You can try to use mapdump.jar if you are very familiar with java, but if you aren't it will probably just cause headaches.

I'm actually at the track (sonoma) right now, and wont be back till tues, then leaving again the week after so its unlikely i'll have time to work on either issue until nov :/

ECUx Plot

userpike

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »

I have not tried to get it to work with nefmoto logs yet. It DEFINITELY does not support them Sad

Also, it looks like the mapdump.exe is still broken. You can try to use mapdump.jar if you are very familiar with java, but if you aren't it will probably just cause headaches.

I'm actually at the track (sonoma) right now, and wont be back till tues, then leaving again the week after so its unlikely i'll have time to work on either issue until nov :/

ok I guess I'll stop trying to make it load the neflogger file. Tongue

If I didn't PM you with the error I got from mapdump I meant to. I'll get it there eventually.

Good luck at the track, thats awesome! win win win
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:19:23 PM by userpike » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: