Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 173
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 931326 times)
daniel2345

« Reply #1050 on: January 26, 2018, 04:30:19 AM »

Oh, ok. So as a conclusion every Volvo will have an EGR?
clubman

« Reply #1051 on: January 26, 2018, 05:05:47 AM »

No, I didn't conclude that. I just asked a question, that's what forums are for.. 2 possibilities, 1 is to have an EGR as other manufacturers do include in their cars, 1 is to not have.. If it doesn't have you can just say that it doesn't have.. No need for being ironic..
daniel2345

« Reply #1052 on: January 26, 2018, 05:14:56 AM »

Only Problem is, that you continously ask questions, which can be answered with absolutely little or no effort by yourself. Instead, you ask here to get everything for free on a silver spoon.

That is not helpful for anybody, nor do i see the community benefit.

By the way: if you would have asked: "does my volvo have an egr system?", i would have answered yes or no. Of course along with an ironic commentary Cheesy

But maybe my point of view is to strict.
So i keep calm and you keep asking Wink

clubman

« Reply #1053 on: January 26, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »

When asking questions there is always benefit for the community. That's what forums are for. If someone has that same question he will read those posts and see that there is no EGR on these specific Volvo models and not ask again. Wink
Rmind

« Reply #1054 on: January 28, 2018, 07:29:28 AM »

Hello everyboby,
I am modifying my original post where I was wondering why I couldn’t see any of the files attached to the posts.
I found out it was because I was not logged in. Once I logged in, all the files were there.
Thanks all for all these great contributions.
I will continue reading more and hope to contribute myself at some point.
I have a 2004 V70R manual.
clubman

« Reply #1055 on: January 28, 2018, 06:39:25 PM »

Welcome! Car specs? Does it have a remap yet?
Rmind

« Reply #1056 on: January 28, 2018, 06:51:54 PM »

Welcome! Car specs? Does it have a remap yet?
stock ecu, but upgraded down pipe, TME exhaust, SNAAB intercooler + intake. I also have 650 injectors and S4 MAF.
but the car is currently dismantled for basically an almost complete restoration. I will shim the block and may possibly port the head. I plan to get an upgraded turbo, but would like first to tune it with the stock turbo.
fides

« Reply #1057 on: February 06, 2018, 06:57:34 AM »

A small NOOB question:
I know they have an opportunity to turn off, for example. rear LAMDAZOND or MAF, is this something that requires serious knowledge, or is it even possible to handle with eg. VIDA?

Thanks in advance
thedrill

« Reply #1058 on: February 07, 2018, 09:46:08 AM »

A small NOOB question:
I know they have an opportunity to turn off, for example. rear LAMDAZOND or MAF, is this something that requires serious knowledge, or is it even possible to handle with eg. VIDA?

Thanks in advance

Yes it IS possible using only Vida and a china cloned dice unit to code out the MAF.
1: log in to Vida using the generic password you were given.
2: connect to vehicle and fill in the cars details.
3: Go to the diagnostic tab, find advanced settings.
4: Once in advanced, in the upper right corner you will see an "Ultra expert" tab, click this and you will now have 3 options.
5: option 1 is "Advanced" option 2 is "vida loca" option 3 is "shatner"
6: once you click the "shatner" tab all hell breaks loose and you will be in "speed density mode"
7: make sure you get a captains LOG.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1059 on: February 07, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »

Yes it IS possible using only Vida and a china cloned dice unit to code out the MAF.
4: Once in advanced, in the upper right corner you will see an "Ultra expert" tab, click this and you will now have 3 options.
6: once you click the "shatner" tab all hell breaks loose and you will be in "speed density mode"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
fides

« Reply #1060 on: March 17, 2018, 07:12:39 AM »

Hello,

Although it sounded quite reasonable the ones you wrote, tell me something you're shiting me ?!

They would be really nice if it was possible when the MAF causes some problems when the engine begins to absorb more amounts of air.

Have a wonderful day anyway
clubman

« Reply #1061 on: March 28, 2018, 01:52:29 PM »

Guys does anybody of you that have a tune get the CEM-1D04 - Software faulty signal?

I saw that randomly in VIDA but no problems with the car at all..
thedrill

« Reply #1062 on: March 28, 2018, 02:35:22 PM »

Ecu not seated correctly or corrosion / resistance at pins.. can cause that code.
clubman

« Reply #1063 on: March 28, 2018, 04:19:10 PM »

Thanks! I’ll check for corrosion. I think that it always seats well as this locking mechanism doesn’t give it much freedom..
koponyanyimonyok

« Reply #1064 on: March 29, 2018, 04:12:15 AM »

Hello,

my S60R got a tune, since then it can't maintain the desired boost level. I'll show you a VIDA graph. Accordig to an analog gauge the boost is 1,1-1,2 bar to around 5000 rpm, then it tapers to 1 bar till the 7300 rev limit. Any suggestions? TCV is a fairly new Pierburg item, BPS is new, proper Bosch, no boost leaks, vac hoses fine. Tried another wastegate, another CBV, Intake is stock, cat is stock and functioning fine. Exhaust is 57mm from cat (removed resonator) till a big muffler at the back. (anyway, tried the car with downpipe only, no change)

My turbo is still the original, no shaft play minimal oil consumption. Don't you think a stock K24 should boost more than 1 bar at the 6000 rpm range?

The picture shows a 3rd gear WOT pull to 7000 rpm.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 173
  Print  

Jump to: