Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 173
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 931270 times)
thedrill

« Reply #1065 on: March 29, 2018, 05:50:10 AM »

What are your kfldrx numbers at 6k rpms?
clubman

« Reply #1066 on: March 29, 2018, 06:26:37 AM »

Sounds like a tune setting. My boost tapers down as well. However in my case I believe I have to tighten the wastegate a bit.

What is the black line on the graph? Is it boost of what kind? The green line is normal boost I suppose..

Also from what I see you overboost so maybe the car is tuned for 1 bar and you just note the overboost on the gauge..
koponyanyimonyok

« Reply #1067 on: March 29, 2018, 07:29:45 AM »

What are your kfldrx numbers at 6k rpms?

Will check if I get  the file.
koponyanyimonyok

« Reply #1068 on: March 29, 2018, 07:39:13 AM »

Sounds like a tune setting. My boost tapers down as well. However in my case I believe I have to tighten the wastegate a bit.

What is the black line on the graph? Is it boost of what kind? The green line is normal boost I suppose..

Also from what I see you overboost so maybe the car is tuned for 1 bar and you just note the overboost on the gauge..

Black is the ECU desired boost. I'm not talking about that minimal overboost when the turbo reaches the target boost. 
contrast

« Reply #1069 on: March 29, 2018, 07:50:58 AM »

How can it be a tune problem? TCV duty cycle is maxxed at high RPM.
Stock Volvo K24 never holds more than 1.0 bar or slightly higher boost at high engine speed. You’re off the compressor map after 5000 RPM. This is also evident in airmass which is flat past that point.
koponyanyimonyok

« Reply #1070 on: March 29, 2018, 08:25:27 AM »

How can it be a tune problem? TCV duty cycle is maxxed at high RPM.
Stock Volvo K24 never holds more than 1.0 bar or slightly higher boost at high engine speed. You’re off the compressor map after 5000 RPM. This is also evident in airmass which is flat past that point.

Soooo... would an 11 blade billet on a K24 be any help?
daniel2345

« Reply #1071 on: March 29, 2018, 08:45:58 AM »

Depends on what you want.

To have 0,1 Bar more boost at 6k maybe.

To feel a real difference no. Bigger turbo with bigger Turbine needed then.
contrast

« Reply #1072 on: March 29, 2018, 10:25:38 AM »

My 11blade billet wheel (not hybrid) gives 1.3 bar boost at 6500 and I max out my stock MAF at 1260 kg/h
koponyanyimonyok

« Reply #1073 on: March 31, 2018, 06:50:33 AM »

Will I need any hardware update for the 11 blade wheel? I have an FMIC and an exhaust done. Stock otherwise. I can get my hands on an already built k24.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 07:02:23 AM by koponyanyimonyok » Logged
clubman

« Reply #1074 on: April 03, 2018, 02:27:14 PM »

Ecu not seated correctly or corrosion / resistance at pins.. can cause that code.

So no visible corrosion but I thoroughly cleaned all the pins with a tooth brush.. When I put the ECU on the car I didn’t get the error.. After a small ride there it is again.. And I also found another problem! VIDA does not finds any related fault but the fan won’t come off.. It was working for like 15mins and the coolant sensor was reporting 81-82C(thermostat point probably). Switched the engine off, switched on again, fan off for 5 seconds then on again... Switched to the original Ecu then the fan came off and temp started risong normally. Switched to the tuned ecu again, fan was off and temp was rising normally.. Like the original ecu reset the fan.. Do you believe that ebay bought ecu could be faulty?
koponyanyimonyok

« Reply #1075 on: April 05, 2018, 04:49:00 AM »

So no visible corrosion but I thoroughly cleaned all the pins with a tooth brush.. When I put the ECU on the car I didn’t get the error.. After a small ride there it is again.. And I also found another problem! VIDA does not finds any related fault but the fan won’t come off.. It was working for like 15mins and the coolant sensor was reporting 81-82C(thermostat point probably). Switched the engine off, switched on again, fan off for 5 seconds then on again... Switched to the original Ecu then the fan came off and temp started risong normally. Switched to the tuned ecu again, fan was off and temp was rising normally.. Like the original ecu reset the fan.. Do you believe that ebay bought ecu could be faulty?

I got exactly the same DTC after the software change. But car starts fine, did not have any ECU related problem.
contrast

« Reply #1076 on: April 05, 2018, 06:56:53 AM »

This code has nothing to do with corrosion nor bad contact.

It is due to checksum mismatch between ECM and CEM. If you change ECM calibration and flash the file, it will set the DTC because there is another checksum in CEM and they don’t match anymore.

When ECM is flashed through VIDA (reload, upgrade or performace application) then a block in CEM will be overwritten as well.

This DTC is solely meant to indicate modified ECM software.
larrypoloo

« Reply #1077 on: April 23, 2018, 11:35:26 PM »

Hello,

I am starting in ME7 volvo tuning and I already made great progress with the help of this great forum (I cloned successfully my ECU), now I would like to go the next step: tuning my ECU !

I own a V70R 2004, MT Eurospec and as a former SAAb owner, I would like to tune my car to run E85 or better, flexfuel. I saw some topics how to tune for E85 but I am not sure of my mappack (especially KRKTE, Ignition tables, turbo tables) to start playing with.

I started using a file shared by krazydbiker (the closest to my car because not so many studies for a pre2005 bin Sad) in that post and try to update it according my bin offsets and change some axis. But now, I am kind of stuck so if someone can help me to improve my mappack, it would be great help!  Smiley

I put here my bin and mappack for your review.

Thanks a lot for your support !

Larry
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:28:09 AM by larrypoloo » Logged
manglecat

« Reply #1078 on: May 05, 2018, 02:37:18 PM »

Hi All,

Reading through a bunch of threads on here about Volvo ME7, this one through 3-4 times so far. Some amazing info, 99% of which goes straight over my head..! Didn't look into it for tuning, my only plan was a manual conversion on my 1999 V70R AWD after popping the auto box, but this seems to be an annoyingly rare combo so can't find any originals to make it nice and simple, or definitions for the 512kb stuff to try and piece something together.

Anyway, waay back in 2013 this was mentioned on another thread:
You wouldn't happen to have an original bin for the 99 V70R AWD, which has the big green injectors? I'd love to get TVUB for those, too.  Working on getting proper voltage tables for the larger stock injectors for those who wish to upgrade, myself included... Smiley  Tried to find TVUB on the later 1024kb binaries but didn't have any luck.

This info may well be readily available now but as I still can't seem to find any originals for this version anywhere, attached is the bin from my car in case it's of some use to anyone.

Spec:
1999 V70R AWD Auto (AW50-42), B5234T8 (big greens, 18T), EU (UK) car

Cheers!
bignslow

« Reply #1079 on: June 12, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »

Hey guys, I am hoping someone here can lend me a hand. I am a n00b when it comes to ME7. I recently got MPPS 18 and I have a spare 2001 ECU kicking around that I am playing around with.

At this point I am simply trying to read the ECU on the bench but I keep getting "error reading ECU" every time. I tried grounding pin 24 to get into boot mode which doesn't seem to make any difference. Do I need to do something to bypass the immobilizer in order to be able to read this thing?

I have it wired same way as shown earlier in this post.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=340.465
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 173
  Print  

Jump to: