Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 502403 times)
cgramme

« Reply #630 on: October 10, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »

Would tapering ldrxn down earlier be a good solution for this problem?
cgramme

« Reply #631 on: October 10, 2016, 03:38:44 PM »

the included csv is the first log I've done with me7logger since the new injectors were installed. I suppose I found the k03 limit... I will adjust ldrxn accordingly. Any other areas of concern?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #632 on: October 10, 2016, 04:09:14 PM »

Would tapering ldrxn down earlier be a good solution for this problem?

No IMO it indicates a hardware issue.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

« Reply #633 on: October 10, 2016, 06:12:26 PM »

9psi at 95% wgdc at readline is not a good sign...

lol

thats basically stock boost with 95% wg duty cycle... I agree thats a bit suspect... time to review, revise, reflash  Roll Eyes

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
cgramme

« Reply #634 on: October 10, 2016, 07:01:03 PM »

Something drastic is going wrong at 5200-5300 rpm in all three of my logs today. After a little thinking about it I have a suspicion it might be my air intake tube collapsing. I was trying to see if I could finagle it into a better position to reroute my intake through the hole where the SAI is after I removed it. I never finished the reroute, but I don't think I put the air intake tube back in the position it was originally. All my old logs I've done have a decent wgdc so I believe this could be the problem because I haven't done any other mods. Would this make sense? I'll fix and do another log tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:11:35 PM by cgramme » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #635 on: October 10, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »

I have a suspicion it might be my air intake tube collapsing.

Yep. Very common problem.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

« Reply #636 on: October 10, 2016, 11:19:31 PM »

I was trying to see if I could finagle it into a better position to reroute my intake through the hole where the SAI is after I removed it.

I always tell people there is no need to remove the SAI. In my personal opinion, the more little things you keep like that, the less issues you run into down the road. Both mechanically as well as emissions testing (If your required to pass testing in your area)... Anyways this is what I did:

And K&N also makes those mini breather filters with a little shield covering half of the filter to better deflect heat from entering the filter on the side facing the engine. I followed the hose that runs to the stock airbox location and ran it back to where you can see I've placed the breather filter. The SAI hose is a lot stonger more towards the SAI and isnt flimsy and flexible as it is getting closer to the airbox. This allowed me to cut the hose off and pop the breather filters rubber inlet piece right inside the hose! Smiley The inlet was like a fraction of a fly turd too small to fit perfectly inside the SAI hose so I wrapped a little bit of electric tape around the rubber inlet piece until it was fitted and secured nice and tight inside the SAI hose. Works great! Ne need to delete SAI imo..   Undecided

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
cgramme

« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2016, 12:15:52 PM »

Just tried rotating my TIP to stock position (still using K&N filter on end of MAF). I took a few more logs with the same result as yesterday, and I still think the TIP is collapsing under boost. I'm going to reduce ldrxn a little and see if that helps for now until I find a replacement or a way of reinforcing the TIP.  Huh

roycerollz,
I already have the SAI deleted and coded to pass emissions and I think I have a good place to get it done that won't care. However, I did delete the N249 and EVAP and am regretting it. I'm going to keep SAI as it is, but will replace EVAP and N249 function along with the vacuum reservoirs original function. Keeping the SAI might be a good idea if you live in a cooler climate than I do for the cold morning startups. What kind of IAT do you run with your intake setup? FMIC? Very clean engine bay!  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:08:24 AM by cgramme » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »

nyet:
It is nearly impossible. The lack of an airbox makes MAF readings very unpredictable and non linear.

Working with flowmeters at work, I've found consistency with baffling designs. Constructing a baffle box around the inlet with a 'V' 3" in front of the entrance mouth smoothed out swings down to +-5cfm from+-20 cfm. The qualm is the stock airbox is large and takes up room, perhaps there can be some compromise of flow, space savings and use of a pod filter.

Something along these lines  but larger and with less obstruction.

Anyone have any other ideas to make MAF readings smooth?

Just thinking out loud...

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:18:23 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #639 on: October 12, 2016, 12:15:24 PM »

Anyone have any other ideas to make MAF readings smooth?

Generally, the kind of people who ditch the stock airbox and replace them with "cold air intakes" have no idea what you are talking about Tongue

ECUx Plot

cgramme

« Reply #640 on: October 13, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »

Some vehicles benefit from mortification to various stock parts, however the b6 1.8t airbox has an already very functional design from factory. Although I plan on experimenting a bit more with the air intake just because I like to experiment I doubt I'll see benefits other than removing a huge hunk of stuff from the engine bay.
golfputtputt

« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »

Is there a smoothing map for MAF signal input?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #642 on: October 15, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »

Is there a smoothing map for MAF signal input?

"smooth" is the wrong terminology. "Linear" and "deterministic" make more sense.

You can't fix bad MAF mechanicals by tweaking a map.

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2016, 07:31:11 PM »

Thats what i meant, an averaging that the ecu can use to apply to other data interaction.

Still def important to have a nice even signal, even if there is a linearization table, agreed.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #644 on: October 15, 2016, 08:53:36 PM »

Thats what i meant, an averaging that the ecu can use to apply to other data interaction.

Still def important to have a nice even signal, even if there is a linearization table, agreed.

Neither are related to the unsolvable problems introduced by not having an airbox

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: