Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 174
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 941281 times)
The_Taker

« Reply #1125 on: November 04, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »

Hi guys, this is my first post here.

I have Volvo S60 with 2.0T LPT (CR 9.5:1) B5204T5 180hp engine. It was remapped to 230HP. It was driving very good, but only few miles after battery disconnect. With miles, the throttle response (and overall power feeling) was becoming more and more sluggish.

I've decided recently to upgrade engine with FMIC, TD04HL-16T turbocharger from 2.3 T5 and blue injectors from the same 2.3 T5. Then I (carefully driving) took the car to the tuner, who said that there's no problem to do such a remap for my bigger turbo and injectors. After few days I got the car with NO CHANGES in software at all. They said that car on this setup makes 1.1 bar boost, 266hp, 334Nm of torque, and that stage 1 remap that was still in ECU is perfect for that turbo, and I can drive with no worries.
He also said "they wanted to make more power but weird things (?) were happening to boost pressure above 1.1 bar."

So... I know that this is BS. And literally no one in my country just wants to do such a remap for Volvos. They only do remaps on stock cars with stock components. When it comes to do something more complicated, they don't want to.

Car runs, it hasn't exploded yet, but boost increases almost instantly to 1.1 bar. There IS more power of course, but there's torque intervention frequently. Also AFR is 14.7 at all loads/rpm which I checked with borrowed Innovate wideband o2 sensor.
Fuel trims oscillate near zero, so no limp mode or check engine light.

So! I have to do it all myself. I've downloaded 1024kb .bin file via MPPS to my PC and start learning about how to find maps, etc.

Firstly I found LAMFA, and edited it to 11.8 at high loads, just to drive more "safe".
What should I do next? LDRXN 6x16 (Volvo version) is maxed at 164, which corresponds to ~0.94bar boost. And on my boost gauge there's 1.1bar. Highest value in KFMIRL is 161. KFMIOP is untouched and goes to 40. Axis goes to 131. KFZWOP untouched.

KFLDHBN is maxed out flat - is it maximum boost limiter?
KFFLLDE and KFFSLDE are weirdly flat. On other volvos it's not like that.
KFLBTS - values are HIGHER THAN 1 on max loads. It's weird, or It's not KFLBTS map, maybe I'm wrong.

I guess I should lower KFLDIMX values to get my boost around 0.9 bar.
I did it but needs tweaking.
Then what? Raise KFMIRL and KFMIOP? only axis and leave Z values inside map? They go only to 39.
When I raised that values to about 90, and corresponding axis to mach those maps, ECU entered limp mode with no boost at all.

I know i should log the car, maybe I will build some cheap logger in near future, but all help is welcome. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing.

Here is my original OLS file with all maps I have found, using S60R damos and other VAGs files. I started to learn about 2-3 weeks ago,from nothing so I'm not 100% sure. This is untouched stage 1 tune which i received from the first tuner. Second tuner didn't do anything to the file. Unfortunately I don't have original 180hp version.

Other 2 files are modified by my like I described.
Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:39:53 AM by The_Taker » Logged
daniel2345

« Reply #1126 on: November 04, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »

Two things to add:

LDRXN is limiting rl_w which is not corresponding to any boost in general.
It depends on engine, linearity, mods, calibration, etc
I don't have it in my head exactly, but the name is something like KFLDMX or something like that.

There is no S60R Damos available. It might be an OLS with manual defined maps or you are talking about S/V70T5 Damos which goes around.

Generally you have chosen the hardest task to learn Volvo ME7. The engine has weakest internals, 16T is hard to control because of quick spool with the original calibration.

So don't floor pedal under 3000 U/min until you read a lot more about the whole thing.
Or somebody is brave enough to do this the remote way.

BTW: which country are you talking about? Smiley
The_Taker

« Reply #1127 on: November 04, 2018, 09:03:13 AM »

Thanks for reply, I'm from Poland.

It's KFLDRX which I found in google.

The internals of this engine are not so weak like for example 2.5T, because of thicker cylinder walls. They are like in 2.3T.
Only the piston stroke is short, so low "native" torque can be generated.

I mean that I have OLS file from S60R with manually defined maps.

I've already copied the KFLDIMX values from S60 2.3 T5 which comes from factory with 16T. And lowered them slightly. Boost is much better controlled now, I think. Goes linear with acceleration, don't just shoot up instantly.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:06:58 AM by The_Taker » Logged
Opti

« Reply #1128 on: November 04, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »

I have Volvo S60 with 2.0T LPT (CR 9.5:1) B5204T5 180hp engine. It was remapped to 230HP. It was driving very good, but only few miles after battery disconnect. With miles, the throttle response (and overall power feeling) was becoming more and more sluggish.

Interesting, my V70 2.5T -99 feels exactly the same way. Really nice response after battery/ECU-reset but then gradually gets more "tame". Could it be some kind of adaption?

Btw, I'm also running a 16T and waiting to install blue injectors, just need to get my wideband installed and loggable first before I go play with KRKTE.
daniel2345

« Reply #1129 on: November 04, 2018, 02:26:27 PM »

You need to read more...

The engine has a non forged crankshaft and pressed, non cracked very long rods. Weaker bearings and a weak short  piston wall. Every single aspect is not good for low end torque...

Yes it has 81mm bore, but that's the only good news and really the only similarity to the T5 engine Wink

Copying KFLDIMX can be a start, but you need about 30 maps and curves more for the boost functions to get boost right. Mostly PID parameters because it is too slow calibrated due to the small factory charger. Read VAG ME7 Funktionsrahmen, every LD* function.

Not to mention what else to do. Torque monitoring, fueling, etc.

And watch the boost vs. rpm. You probably already worn out the rod bearings...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:30:35 PM by daniel2345 » Logged
MeNewbie

« Reply #1130 on: November 05, 2018, 05:54:19 AM »

I think adjusting KFLDIMX and Q2 will be enough to get rid of overboost Wink

The right way to do things successfully is IDA.
MeNewbie

« Reply #1131 on: November 06, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »

Can somebody share Volvo SDA/DHA? Need to test some vars in RAM.

MeNewbie

« Reply #1132 on: November 12, 2018, 09:29:58 AM »

In old Volvo damos ESKONF is 8 byte
Code:
00 CC 33 F0 FF 00 FC CC
Where is post cat O2 coded? In VAG it will be 4th byte bits 6-7. But here this byte 0xF0 and make no sense. Is it coded in 0x33? Found ESKONF in new R. Seems like post O2 coded in 0x0C?

larrypoloo

« Reply #1133 on: November 27, 2018, 11:52:38 PM »

Hello,

As winter is coming, I am starting to have issue with my coldstart and warmup on my Volvo V70R MY 2004 with E85 tune with EV14 650cc injectors fitted.

No issues were spotted with Petrol and in summer, rest is working fine, so I am pretty sure it is due to non fitted coldstart maps.

I already modified KFWKSTT which was great help for cold cranking start but for idle warmup, my car is lumpy and have hiccups, even maybe misfires which all are gone when engine is hot.

I think I have to alter the map KFFWL but I really can spot it in my bin (I don't know how to use IDA either  Sad).

I tried all side by side Audi tune comparison and some of the map finder tool available in this forum without success, Volvo ME7 is so different  Embarrassed

I thank everyone who can help me to find that map, see my bin original and modified attached!  Smiley

Larry
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:01:53 AM by larrypoloo » Logged
daniel2345

« Reply #1134 on: November 28, 2018, 03:20:03 AM »

Nice that you are trying with E85.

But thats not an easy one, espacialy on EGAS ME7...

Your Ignition is only +3° - you have to log alot more to have it right.
Having too late ignition with E85 can damage your system too, due to pre/self ignition. Which is terrible with E85 due to very high laminar flame velocity. Same for to early ignition. In general more dangerous than pump gas because it has burn stabilizer.

Your FKVVS is not calibrated well. It doesn't need to be touched at all for those injector sizes.
KRKTE is wrong for that injectors, TVUB needs to be higher (I think).

In KFWKSTT you have all possibilities because one axe is engine start Temp (tmst).
You don't need to change it that much for higher engine start temperatures (above E85 vaporization point).
Be aware of oil dilution!

KFFWL Address is sent to you by private message.

Good Luck.

larrypoloo

« Reply #1135 on: November 28, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »

Nice that you are trying with E85.

But thats not an easy one, espacialy on EGAS ME7...

Your Ignition is only +3° - you have to log alot more to have it right.
Having too late ignition with E85 can damage your system too, due to pre/self ignition. Which is terrible with E85 due to very high laminar flame velocity. Same for to early ignition. In general more dangerous than pump gas because it has burn stabilizer.

Your FKVVS is not calibrated well. It doesn't need to be touched at all for those injector sizes.
KRKTE is wrong for that injectors, TVUB needs to be higher (I think).

In KFWKSTT you have all possibilities because one axe is engine start Temp (tmst).
You don't need to change it that much for higher engine start temperatures (above E85 vaporization point).
Be aware of oil dilution!

KFFWL Address is sent to you by private message.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your help and support.

Not quite easy indeed, it was much easier with my previous SAAB but I got great support on this forum!  Smiley

To give you some more information about my tune, my main target was to build sort of daily Flexifuel setup so this why I may have strange values in my bin:

- Iginition was not changed much from stock because I did not wanted to create issues with petrol and I was not looking for big "boost" by ignition. Butt dyno says it's OK but I did not think I was on risky area. Should I back it off to stock?

- TVUB: I simply used the spreadsheet from my injector dealers (IPD Usa which uses base DW injectors, I can attach the file here: I took the value for 4bar fuel pressure), I thought they got it right.

- KRKTE: I "guesstimate" by looking LTFT betweel fuel petrol and full E85 and find something in the middle to "adapt" within ECU range depending of fuel. I saw this method on the forum and seemed reasonnable to me but I could get wrong.

- FKKVS: As I read over the forum, many people keeps their FKKVS stock or put all 1 due to their linearity. I tried both but I I still got issues with idle STFT which was oscillating in a big range to me (+/-8% at max). I read that TVUB is moslty responsible for idle STFT issues but as I consider this as input from my spread sheet, I did not dare modify it.
So this why I end up with a FKKVS like with higher in lower pulse range because it seems to reduce my idle STFT oscillating range (but I agree, it may not be the proper way to do...Smiley)

I have unfortunately not much device for logging (most used is CAN reader + torque) so I mostly rely on driving feeling and some performance measures.

My target was just to get a safe flexfuel tune for my car which I can use daily 365 days/year and if you a have any tricks I use to optimise it, I am always willing to try and learn ! Smiley

Larry
larrypoloo

« Reply #1136 on: November 29, 2018, 05:11:04 AM »

Hello,

Did some tries with playing with KFFWL and no siginifcant changes even with high values (+35%). Still the drop of rpm close to stall when idling with engine cold.

Logging during this show me sudden changes in STFT so I think it was still bouncing from the beginning but was noticeable when weather was fine.

So, maybe it maybe it comes from FKVVS (this one I can go back to stock) but as this boucing was there event I got stock FKVVS, maybe it comes from elswhere...TVUB?

But how can I set it up? Because the logic behind is not clear not me (link betwen voltage and dead time).
bignslow

« Reply #1137 on: December 23, 2018, 02:40:02 PM »

I took a break from tuning for a while and today decided to play around again. Got my MPPS all hooked up with my test ECU and for the life of me can't get it to go into boot mode. Either my MPPS is dead or I have something wired incorrectly.

I am using this diagram for 2002 ME7.1 ECU. Is it still accurate or is there another diagram I should be using?

Edit: I think my MPPS is toast. Getting 12 volts on K Line. Pretty sure that's not suppose to do that.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:12:01 AM by bignslow » Logged
wwm9502

« Reply #1138 on: January 05, 2019, 08:37:59 PM »

Hi,

You may try to get KTAG clone from China. I used it without problem.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Main-Unit-KESS-V2-25-KESS-V2-OBD2-Manager-Tuning-Kit-HW-V4-036-No-Tokens/32762134400.html?spm=2114.search0604.3.23.5a8122c8U1xcnA&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_100031_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_431_10307_537_536,searchweb201603_53,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=a38dbdea-8ad1-41ac-a619-a8d3653a1089-6&algo_pvid=a38dbdea-8ad1-41ac-a619-a8d3653a1089&transAbTest=ae803_4
colew

« Reply #1139 on: January 08, 2019, 02:31:43 AM »

Hi All,
       Does anyone have 0261S04511 chip program? Thanks.

Br.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 174
  Print  

Jump to: