Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 173
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 934169 times)
prometey1982

« Reply #2430 on: December 18, 2023, 07:31:35 AM »

Do you have dyno chart with stock cam maps for comparison?
And do you have 100% stock head, valves and springs etc.? You rev it quite high Smiley
There was about 10 Nm less with stock VVT map. Engine is fully stock. Rev limiter set to 8000 RPM. Car made 0-100 in 5.12 secs on this setup.

Россия - Великая страна!
https://youtu.be/fup5GzIFdXk
prometey1982

« Reply #2431 on: December 19, 2023, 05:18:37 AM »

Anybody interested in working together on the Volvo ME9?
For the past 6 months, I've been compiling map packs for this ECU and have pretty much a lot of them sorted out...and still adding to the list as we go.

What I am having a hard time is sorting out the logging side of things like RAM parameters, logging tools etc. I have zero disassembly skills so is a bit hard for me. I have tried doing it myself via IDA Pro but with no prior knowledge, it's looking like another wall of text to me.
I think prometey's logger would work on the ME9 but there is no way to test as I don't have RAM parameters to test it on.

I know the knowledge is within the community but seeing the current mindset on here is "I won't share information as others don't even contribute", I figured this approach would be more ideal to some.
Are you still here? I started work on P3 ME9 flashing. I have the bootloader for ME9 and will make a flashing tool. But memory logging for UDS protocol isn't clear for me.

Россия - Великая страна!
prj

« Reply #2432 on: December 19, 2023, 05:47:18 AM »

The problem is really not UDS - everything is completely standard there, and not locked behind any security.
Just open ISO14229 and have at it.
The problem is the measuring data, like always.

Anyway it's implemented in my tool...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
prometey1982

« Reply #2433 on: December 19, 2023, 06:07:12 AM »

The problem is really not UDS - everything is completely standard there, and not locked behind any security.
Just open ISO14229 and have at it.
The problem is the measuring data, like always.
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I'll do this.

Россия - Великая страна!
s60rawr

« Reply #2434 on: December 19, 2023, 07:27:20 PM »

Here is my intake VVT map tuned on dyno. I've got 440 bhp. But it looks like dyno stand lowered the result because I've got only 220 bhp on 1 bar of boost (spring pressure boost with 0 ldtvm).

some solid numbers  there

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
s60rawr

« Reply #2435 on: December 19, 2023, 07:42:04 PM »

2packs i been working on and updated
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 12:46:09 AM by s60rawr » Logged

OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
keichi

« Reply #2436 on: December 21, 2023, 05:49:49 PM »

Disabling rear lambda with ESKONF for 50WRHJ software.
ESKONF is at 0x1260E. Default value is 0C 00 3C FC 00 FC 33 (7 bytes length) I may be wrong about lengh it can be 6 bytes.
To disable rear lambda and rear lambda heater diagnostics you need to change ESKONF to next: 0C C0 3C FC 00 FF 33

I checked pre facelift cars and non R software. It looks like the bitpair pattern is the same. Second byte must be changed to C0 (6 and 7 bits must be set). And six byte's low two bits must be set.

Digging lately in Volvo ESKONF. Looks like all sw. versions use the same pattern and 7 bytes length (50WRHJ also).
To disable rear O2 heater diagnosis (it will still feed current to heater but disable triggering trouble code) just change 4rd bitpair in second byte to 11b.
1st bit pair in 6th byte is ignition coil no. 3. Do not change that Smiley
Last 7th byte may differ the most between software versions (there is f.e. EVAP or ECU fan diagnosis - for cars that have one)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 06:15:52 PM by keichi » Logged
prometey1982

« Reply #2437 on: December 21, 2023, 10:17:08 PM »

Digging lately in Volvo ESKONF. Looks like all sw. versions use the same pattern and 7 bytes length (50WRHJ also).
To disable rear O2 heater diagnosis (it will still feed current to heater but disable triggering trouble code) just change 4rd bitpair in second byte to 11b.
1st bit pair in 6th byte is ignition coil no. 3. Do not change that Smiley
Last 7th byte may differ the most between software versions (there is f.e. EVAP or ECU fan diagnosis - for cars that have one)
Please explain your message as decribed in wiki:
B0 - XX XX XX XX
B1 - XX XX XX XX
B2 - XX XX XX XX

Россия - Великая страна!
keichi

« Reply #2438 on: December 22, 2023, 04:10:25 AM »

Bits:    7,6         5,4         3,2         1,0
------------------------------------------------     
B0       EV3        EV4          ?           EV5
B1       LS2B1H     LDR          EV2         EV1
B2       A/C        FP           LS2B2H      CP
B3       ?          ?            FTP         FC
B4       ZUE5       ZUE4         ZUE2        ZUE1
B5       ?          ?            ?           ZUE3
B6       ?          ?            ?           MIL

Where:
EV - injectors
ZUE - ignition coils
A/C - air con relay
FP - fuel pump relay
LS2B1H - rear lambda bank1 heater
LS2B2H - rear lambda bank2 heater
CP - canister purge
FC - cooling fan
FTP - fuel tank pressure sensor

I checked 20KPSC, 50QHHJ and 50WRHJ - all have the same pattern except last B6.
Nevertheless all that will ever be needed is eventually disabling rear lambda heater so all other ESKONF items doesn't matter but it was fun to reverse engineer it Smiley

Disabling rear lambda heater can also be done using diagnostic trouble codes table.
ME7 algorithm first checks ESKONF and if diagnostics is allowed then it eventually jumps to DTC triggering routine.
DTC triggering routine checks trouble codes table (starting from CLAAAA) if particular DTC code class is "active" (not zero).

Also DTC triggering can be fired from other places in the code so it probably is better to disable DTC triggering.
For example CDHSH codeword specify if rear O2 heating diagnosis should be done at all.
But ECU will stil be able to set DTC by power stage diagnosis (ESKONF) Smiley

Summing up, just disable diagnostics trouble table class item Smiley
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 04:17:50 AM by keichi » Logged
prj

« Reply #2439 on: December 22, 2023, 04:47:51 AM »

Disabling rear lambda heater can also be done using diagnostic trouble codes table.
ME7 algorithm first checks ESKONF and if diagnostics is allowed then it eventually jumps to DTC triggering routine.
DTC triggering routine checks trouble codes table (starting from CLAAAA) if particular DTC code class is "active" (not zero).

Also DTC triggering can be fired from other places in the code so it probably is better to disable DTC triggering.
For example CDHSH codeword specify if rear O2 heating diagnosis should be done at all.
But ECU will stil be able to set DTC by power stage diagnosis (ESKONF) Smiley

Summing up, just disable diagnostics trouble table class item Smiley

Disabling the fault class only hides the DTC from OBD diagnostics, the ECU detects the fault and behaves according to detecting the fault.
For example in case of EVAP the fuel trim will be off.

Turning off DTC classes is never the right solution, and is a bad practice.
It is not needed to disable a single fault class in the ECU to remove various componenets.

Log your car properly.
keichi

« Reply #2440 on: December 22, 2023, 06:39:19 AM »

Turning off DTC classes is never the right solution, and is a bad practice.
It is not needed to disable a single fault class in the ECU to remove various componenets.

I agree Smiley ECU can still diagnose things and react "silently" if error detected.
That's why usually neither disabling ESKONF or disabling error class is necessary and shouldn't be done.
I think rear O2 heating can be exception from this rule. I see no point in leaving DTC for this particular error class especially if you remove rear lambda completely Smiley
prj

« Reply #2441 on: December 22, 2023, 06:44:38 AM »

I agree Smiley ECU can still diagnose things and react "silently" if error detected.
That's why usually neither disabling ESKONF or disabling error class is necessary and shouldn't be done.
I think rear O2 heating can be exception from this rule. I see no point in leaving DTC for this particular error class especially if you remove rear lambda completely Smiley

If you disable the codewords and the diagnosis correctly there is no need to ever touch any fault classes.
Fault class literally is "how to show fault to the user if it is detected". Should it illuminate the CEL, flash the CEL, should it throw a code etc.
If diagnosis is off, then no fault is ever detected thus changing fault classes is not necessary.

ESKONF should absolutely be changed if there is no longer a component attached to the end stage.
You are telling the ECU that it is no longer there.
Your advice to change fault classes is straight up wrong, that's why I'm calling you out on it.

Log your car properly.
prometey1982

« Reply #2442 on: December 22, 2023, 08:54:51 AM »

Do you know description of error class? I tried to restore boost after overboost error. Is it relates to error type? Or is it must be done with healing path for this error?

Россия - Великая страна!
keichi

« Reply #2443 on: December 22, 2023, 09:45:28 AM »

ESKONF should absolutely be changed if there is no longer a component attached to the end stage.
You are telling the ECU that it is no longer there.

I totally agree. Modify ESKONF only when component is removed.
But if you can't decode ESKONF pattern for particular sw then there is no other way but "hack" DTC table.
Fortunately looks like all Volvo sw have the same pattern Smiley

Do you know description of error class? I tried to restore boost after overboost error. Is it relates to error type? Or is it must be done with healing path for this error?

Overboost error (E_ldo) should heal itself when particular conditions are met.
E_ldo is set when lde+DLUL > KFDLULS(nmot, plsol) after time delay TULV1.
Then rlmax folows LDORXN.
Then E_ldo is reset again when lde is within limit && nmot > NDLDRAPU && B_lde (requested boost >1.0) after time delay TULV3

But i wouldn't recommend anyone "solving" overboost issue by raising KFDLULS and/or TULV1.
Fast way to blow something up Smiley
Proper way is to tune boost PID so it stays within limits.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 09:47:09 AM by keichi » Logged
s60rawr

« Reply #2444 on: December 23, 2023, 11:58:14 AM »

got an interesting read today.

later 2004 2.5t with fps / pem running the 50QKHJ  never seen that on a non 04R

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 173
  Print  

Jump to: