Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180]
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 1056030 times)
s60rawr

« Reply #2685 on: October 08, 2024, 10:10:06 PM »

Hello all. Have someone xml file for logging parameters for S60r tf80 EU? I think it 50wrhj72wra

brother karim, msg me on msger  lol
you have a wra70 variant tf80.

prometey will have that xD Smiley

There is a free flash suite in progres
Karim

« Reply #2686 on: October 10, 2024, 12:38:42 PM »

Thank you, Alex, will test tomorrow:) msg you
kostmonautas

« Reply #2687 on: October 17, 2024, 10:27:42 AM »

Hello everyone.  Wink I need help, maybe someone has the xdf file for 40LPHJ and xml for logging? I am attaching my bin file. This is not a stock file, it was already mapped before me 7 years ago. So best case is to save this file... Worstcase scenario which bin file i can safely crossflash? Tried to search for them, but with no success.
Also i am in progress swapping another engine, 2.3T5 block with Dual VVT head on it, so maybe i can flash with different bin more closer to this engine specs?  Roll Eyes
Thanks in advance.

Car is Volvo S80 2.5T MT 2004y EU
Mods:
-16T
-Front mount ic
-R injectors
-70mm freeflow exhaust
With this mods it made 236kw 480nm@3000rpm on the dyno.

EDIT:
Turns out that this tune is total garbage. Now I understand why my two engines cracked sleeves.
Will leave it here for reaseach purposes how not to do tunes Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 20, 2024, 04:32:26 AM by kostmonautas » Logged
dikidera

« Reply #2688 on: October 20, 2024, 03:00:10 PM »

Uhmmm, it's almost like the internet is not filled with threads that all the 83mm blocks will crack the sleeves above ~250hp or a bit more. No matter...what your tune is. Just look at factory S60R with no tunes.

You need to shim the block OR install Darton sleeves. 2.3T is a good choice, if you can, also shim that one, just in case. But those can hold 400+ hp without shim. But if you will swap heads, just shim it and be ready for 500+.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2024, 03:02:46 PM by dikidera » Logged
Dannyhaddon

« Reply #2689 on: Yesterday at 02:04:13 AM »

Uhmmm, it's almost like the internet is not filled with threads that all the 83mm blocks will crack the sleeves above ~250hp or a bit more. No matter...what your tune is. Just look at factory S60R with no tunes.

You need to shim the block OR install Darton sleeves. 2.3T is a good choice, if you can, also shim that one, just in case. But those can hold 400+ hp without shim. But if you will swap heads, just shim it and be ready for 500+.

Well I think the fact his tune is ignoring the max load map and purely running from high wastegate closure is the problem... Along with stock fueling. So yeah 21psi with stock fueling isn't going to end well.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:08:06 AM by Dannyhaddon » Logged
dikidera

« Reply #2690 on: Yesterday at 09:15:39 AM »

I can assure you, that while a bad tune would only accelerate the failure, it is inevitable even with the best tune. The 83mm blocks must either be shimmed, re-sleeved, decked or avoided altogether.
kostmonautas

« Reply #2691 on: Yesterday at 01:11:01 PM »

Always knew about weak points of this engines, but somehow gave a chance and hoped that it will last longer than 2 years and FYI my 2.5 block was shimmed. One of the problem was that i didn't check tune in the first place when bought car, but on the other hand in my country nobody wanted to tune volvo, everybody only knows how to deal with bmw's and vag's. So after I cracked sleeve I started digging and found this forum so with new engine will try to tune it myself.

Talking about new engine the block is already shimmed along with h-profile rods throwed in, just waitin for few other parts. Power goals are in the range of 400-450hp.
And in between shims or darton i also can put another mod...CLOSEDECK. Already tested on friends 650hp build, holds power flawlessly and is cheaper than installing dartons.
dikidera

« Reply #2692 on: Yesterday at 02:16:20 PM »

Go for it then. Usually if a block has developed a small crack, not easily visible, no shim will help there. It is slightly possible you just got a block with a very small crack that further developed over time OR it did happen with the shims. Either way, if you can deck it, go for it.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180]
  Print  

Jump to: