Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 173
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 933886 times)
krazydbiker

« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2013, 07:54:16 AM »

not 100% sure, i have not tried, dont really need it considering im just tuning my stockish cars and other friends cars

my guess it yeah, it turns off checksums entirely

mark_r33

« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »

Yeah, you're probably right. If you were tuning for a living on all manner of crazy builds it would probably be worth the effort, otherwise it's not that bad iteratively flash - log - guess - flash - logging I suppose!

It just makes you cry a bit when you see some of the standalone stuff. A friend and I have fitted a DTA S80 to his project car, and that comes with a remote "tuning box" that allows you to vary the ignition angle, fueling, cam timing, boost PWM etc all via two control knobs in real time!

I remember reading about the McMess protocol that Bosch uses, that sounded like a similar thing, if you had the tool for it  Cry

Did you have a play with your car the other day? Get anywhere with it?
krazydbiker

« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2013, 10:42:21 AM »

no, had wayyy to much other stuff to get done, i need to verify the KRKTE location, i have a feeling our VMAX location is correct, but ill test it anyways, i think 250 KMH is enough jailtime around here anyways, no need to raise it lol
Vad

« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »

Hello!
Please help me. I need maps for S80 2.9 T6 2004.
Мery necessary ignition maps.
dream3R

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2013, 10:19:09 AM »

Post the ori!

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
Vad

« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »

Post the ori!
I dont have my ori. My cable is posted)
This file from Motrionic Suite and more old car. I hope the cards are similar. Not?
Vad

« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »

my quest
Vad

« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »

Please help me to find maps.
This my Volvo S80 T6 2004my
mark_r33

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »

Hello all!

Managed to have a little play with the Volvo today. I took the original map I posted before, and simply copied in the LDRXN values from Dream3R's S60R file.

Datalogging with an Innovate LM-2, watching AFR's on the factory WBO2 through the OBD2 port, and watching the boost through a little MAP sensor adapter I've made for the LM-2's analogue inputs.

Before the file swap we were seeing ~3 volts, which works to about .9bar (1.6ish volts at ambient), and now we are seeing around 3.2 volts, so about 1 bar now.

Fueling looks spot on, but the Charge temps are a bit high for my liking, they were hitting 49* before the file swap which concerned me a bit, and are getting to 52* now. Is this how these things normally run? I have always considered 50* to be the beginning of a charge temp "red zone" with petrol, and 60* an upper limit. There was no ignition intervention that I could see on the log, so no DET according to the ECU? And it did richen it up slightly as the temps went up.

All seems well, it drove spot on. The lad even reckoned it felt smoother, but that is either placebo, or perhaps the fuel trims being reset by the flash, to my mind.

Cheers for all the help lads, now I know this method works I'll probably have a bit more of a play. I think a bigger intercooler is the first port of call though!
krazydbiker

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »

Hello all!

Managed to have a little play with the Volvo today. I took the original map I posted before, and simply copied in the LDRXN values from Dream3R's S60R file.

Datalogging with an Innovate LM-2, watching AFR's on the factory WBO2 through the OBD2 port, and watching the boost through a little MAP sensor adapter I've made for the LM-2's analogue inputs.

Before the file swap we were seeing ~3 volts, which works to about .9bar (1.6ish volts at ambient), and now we are seeing around 3.2 volts, so about 1 bar now.

Fueling looks spot on, but the Charge temps are a bit high for my liking, they were hitting 49* before the file swap which concerned me a bit, and are getting to 52* now. Is this how these things normally run? I have always considered 50* to be the beginning of a charge temp "red zone" with petrol, and 60* an upper limit. There was no ignition intervention that I could see on the log, so no DET according to the ECU? And it did richen it up slightly as the temps went up.

All seems well, it drove spot on. The lad even reckoned it felt smoother, but that is either placebo, or perhaps the fuel trims being reset by the flash, to my mind.

Cheers for all the help lads, now I know this method works I'll probably have a bit more of a play. I think a bigger intercooler is the first port of call though!

correct if you copied over the R spec LDRXN it will boost to 1 bar.., but thats probably it, KFMIRL, and KFLDHBN is lowered on those files i think.
the intake temps on these cars are HORRIBLE...all of them, on the STOCK tune, doing a 4th gear pull to 120 on the highway i would see about 145F in an 85F ambient temp day

what kind of fueling in lambda are you seeing? i would say touch it up, but if i'm not mistaken the stock maps run pig rich when any additional boost is added.

also the stock ignition tables will put you down in the single digits for ignition timing if your on the stock map, anything over stock these cars are all about safety
have you ID'd some of the major maps yet? ill help you out with the ignition and fueling
finally another volvo guy on here :-D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:48:52 PM by krazydbiker » Logged
guitar24t

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »

Hi guys,
I wanted to share this utility with anyone who could use it.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4531.0title=
It's a Volvo ME7 Checksum Updater.
Any and all feedback is welcome.
Thanks!
Rob
mercuric

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »

Vad,
Thanks for posting your T6 original.  I've been doing some MAF-related research, I've been curious about the T6 MAF, and I did find MLHFM in this binary -- Table MLHFM (Linearization of MAF voltage) is at 14AB6, 512x1 of 16bit LoHi's with conversion factor (X*0.1)-200 = MAF KG/H and axis being MAF voltage in 0.0098v steps; no different than MLHFM in other Bosch-MAF ME7 binaries. 

mark_r33

« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2013, 04:30:37 AM »

correct if you copied over the R spec LDRXN it will boost to 1 bar.., but thats probably it, KFMIRL, and KFLDHBN is lowered on those files i think.
the intake temps on these cars are HORRIBLE...all of them, on the STOCK tune, doing a 4th gear pull to 120 on the highway i would see about 145F in an 85F ambient temp day

what kind of fueling in lambda are you seeing? i would say touch it up, but if i'm not mistaken the stock maps run pig rich when any additional boost is added.

also the stock ignition tables will put you down in the single digits for ignition timing if your on the stock map, anything over stock these cars are all about safety
have you ID'd some of the major maps yet? ill help you out with the ignition and fueling
finally another volvo guy on here :-D

I think I was a little over excited that I didn't fry his ECU the other day, and posted a bit prematurely!

You are entirely right about both the fueling and the timing.

Looking at a new log we took of an extended pull up hill, I can see that it starts lean low down (~.88 lambda whilst running near a bar of boost!), then suddenly flips to rich higher up (~.73 lambda), around about 5000  RPM. I believe this is it transitioning from the pedal requested lambda map to the EGT protection one as it exceeds the TABGAS value? I guess I need to richen up the request map for high throttle angles, and lean off the EGT one a little? I wouldn't dream of running it that lean low down with a bar, however upon reviewing the log of the car as it was originally, it did exactly the same before!

Timing does just as you said too, sits at a flat 10 degrees throughout the pull. When I look at what I believe to be the timing map (12AA2 11x16?) it does look to be a pretty flat timing map anyway, looks like a lot of work to reprofile it, especially when I have no conversions for the numbers!

What sort of timing do you run at WOT? I can see that the S60R file has a little less timing in the low to mid range, but then has more up top. How much exactly, I am unsure of.

I could live with the timing, but the low down lean-ness wants addressing. Any help with table locations, conversions, or anything really would be very much appreciated. I have only a few things labelled, (probably incorrectly too!) these are;

KFZW - 12AA2 11x16 (More ignition maps directly after this in the HEX, I am unsure which one is which though?)
KFMIRL - 158A4 16x16
LDRXN - 27EE2 6x16
KFPED? - 1734E 12x16
KFLRST? - 15FF4 8x7
KLAF? - 1676A 500x1
KFMLDMN? - 166A8 6x16
KFMSNWDK? - 16C22 6x16

I have managed to find these so far by modifying the tables labelled in "Motronic suite" and finding the changes in WinOLS. Then I compare the "shape" of the 3D map to my friends fully defined file! Very scientific I know  Cheesy

Thanks for all the help so far guys, it is very much appreciated!

Thanks for the checksum tool guitar24t!
krazydbiker

« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2013, 04:40:44 AM »

i must be blind, i'm not seeing your file in previous posts, so i cannot have a look at it, but before i was running meth with my horrid intake temps, i was running about a 11.0 - 11.3 AFR, i did use LAMFA to enrich, but not as much at the BTS map, as far as ignition timing, at 19 psi, i was able to see 13-14 degrees of timing before i would get knock, and that's on 93 octane fuel mid summer days
and yes, the stock map LAMFA is totally set to 1.0 lambda before it switches to BTS, the stock maps are good for stock, that's about it.

I think I was a little over excited that I didn't fry his ECU the other day, and posted a bit prematurely!

You are entirely right about both the fueling and the timing.

Looking at a new log we took of an extended pull up hill, I can see that it starts lean low down (~.88 lambda whilst running near a bar of boost!), then suddenly flips to rich higher up (~.73 lambda), around about 5000  RPM. I believe this is it transitioning from the pedal requested lambda map to the EGT protection one as it exceeds the TABGAS value? I guess I need to richen up the request map for high throttle angles, and lean off the EGT one a little? I wouldn't dream of running it that lean low down with a bar, however upon reviewing the log of the car as it was originally, it did exactly the same before!

Timing does just as you said too, sits at a flat 10 degrees throughout the pull. When I look at what I believe to be the timing map (12AA2 11x16?) it does look to be a pretty flat timing map anyway, looks like a lot of work to reprofile it, especially when I have no conversions for the numbers!

What sort of timing do you run at WOT? I can see that the S60R file has a little less timing in the low to mid range, but then has more up top. How much exactly, I am unsure of.

I could live with the timing, but the low down lean-ness wants addressing. Any help with table locations, conversions, or anything really would be very much appreciated. I have only a few things labelled, (probably incorrectly too!) these are;

KFZW - 12AA2 11x16 (More ignition maps directly after this in the HEX, I am unsure which one is which though?)
KFMIRL - 158A4 16x16
LDRXN - 27EE2 6x16
KFPED? - 1734E 12x16
KFLRST? - 15FF4 8x7
KLAF? - 1676A 500x1
KFMLDMN? - 166A8 6x16
KFMSNWDK? - 16C22 6x16

I have managed to find these so far by modifying the tables labelled in "Motronic suite" and finding the changes in WinOLS. Then I compare the "shape" of the 3D map to my friends fully defined file! Very scientific I know  Cheesy

Thanks for all the help so far guys, it is very much appreciated!

Thanks for the checksum tool guitar24t!
dream3R

« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2013, 04:56:57 AM »

The stock lamfa table targets lambda 1.

Yes I'd agree it's switching to bts protection mode.

What are you logging it with?  As above the intake temps are nuts on these above a bar of boost.  Consider an intercooler, I wish I'd done mine sooner!

18 degrees C ambient, 0-145 pull and the highest intake temp was 32 degrees C.  It would have been double that with the stock setup.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 173
  Print  

Jump to: