Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 173
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 933995 times)
contrast

« Reply #495 on: May 26, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »

boost map is modified, we're you looking at the tuned file?

Now I might've been wrong previously. I'll recheck later.
saoron2002

« Reply #496 on: May 26, 2014, 03:47:39 AM »

1E886:  you don't have to concern yourself with, it's to-do with cam angles.

I'm not sure what you are doing with the MAF maps, what is your line of thinking there?

Your kfzw maps don't look right.

Hi, feedback highly appreciated. In regards to MAF maps, I have seen pro tuned files with the same approach, MLHFM bumped up across the board by some %, I guess is allowing more max fuel values, but I might be wrong here. Also in other tunes (example 1.8T nefmoto sample file for stage 1 E85), I see KFLHFM progressively increased towards the high revs end.
With KFZW maps, I thought to just increase the lowest timing points in mid loads slightly at first, did not want to touch the higher loads/revs to avoid knocking (don't know how much additional timing this engine can take) as by increasing the boost the timing is increased indirectly as well by my understanding or at least the chance for earlier knocking occurrence. Or have I marked the KFZW totally wrong?.
Thanks a lot to everyone for keeping this thread alive and contributing to it
saoron2002

« Reply #497 on: May 26, 2014, 03:56:55 AM »

Today will be some data logging, I am slightly concerned about the fuelling on my mod1, as in this file the LAMFA is Winols greyed out (I guess outside the checksum area). Will post results later
tjwasiak

« Reply #498 on: May 26, 2014, 05:11:33 AM »

(...) In regards to MAF maps, I have seen pro tuned files with the same approach, MLHFM bumped up across the board by some %, I guess is allowing more max fuel values, but I might be wrong here. Also in other tunes (example 1.8T nefmoto sample file for stage 1 E85), I see KFLHFM progressively increased towards the high revs end.
Do not copy anything from other tunes if you do not understand changes!!
With KFZW maps, I thought to just increase the lowest timing points in mid loads slightly at first, did not want to touch the higher loads/revs to avoid knocking (don't know how much additional timing this engine can take) as by increasing the boost the timing is increased indirectly as well by my understanding or at least the chance for earlier knocking occurrence.
You can make small changes and log to find the best timing for your boost, fuelling and other car/setup/location specific variables.
saoron2002

« Reply #499 on: May 26, 2014, 05:34:52 AM »

Do not copy anything from other tunes if you do not understand changes!!You can make small changes and log to find the best timing for your boost, fuelling and other car/setup/location specific variables.
Thanks for the advice.
In regards to MLHFM changes I quoted, I do understand what others did, does not hurt bumping up this especially at higher airflow figures, as for 10 years old car I assure you the MAF is off its original MAX output, and even if it isn't no harm of tricking the ECU to allow 1-2 mg/str additional maximum injected quantity.
Any notes appreciated and taken into account though Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:37:04 AM by saoron2002 » Logged
tjwasiak

« Reply #500 on: May 26, 2014, 05:49:44 AM »

(...) (..) as for 10 years old car I assure you the MAF is off its original MAX output, and even if it isn't no harm of tricking the ECU to allow 1-2 mg/str additional maximum injected quantity.
IMHO you are wrong. Tuning is not about using aged not working properly sensors and readjusting their linearisations by few percents here and there. If your MAF is faulty buy new genuine one! You should not change any "calibration" maps if they do not reflect hardware changes and as we are talking about Stage 1 tune you should just leave them stock.

MAF is used for fuelling to be exact as requested by the ECU. Having MAF maps off makes just bigger LTFT.
saoron2002

« Reply #501 on: May 26, 2014, 06:34:57 AM »

MAF is used for fuelling to be exact as requested by the ECU. Having MAF maps off makes just bigger LTFT.
Totally agree with you on this. And the end result is  ... > fuelling IMO
@ tjwasiak :
I highly appreciate your work / help to others and reputation throughout the other forums too
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:54:51 AM by saoron2002 » Logged
contrast

« Reply #502 on: May 26, 2014, 08:13:15 AM »

boost map is modified, we're you looking at the tuned file?

Still I'm seeing KFLDRX and KFLDHBN are stock. Comparing with my stock defined file, I see no difference there?
Help me out here. I don't want to think I'm blind.

KFZW maps should start from 113C8 for the first one. The rest should be adjusted same way.
dream3R

« Reply #503 on: May 26, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »

You're looking at the wrong file then.

Another note about this file it's a very early version, I'd hunt down a newer 04 file, or get a dealer upgrade then tune..

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
saoron2002

« Reply #504 on: May 26, 2014, 02:08:04 PM »

You're looking at the wrong file then.

Another note about this file it's a very early version, I'd hunt down a newer 04 file, or get a dealer upgrade then tune..

Thanks dream3r,
That was exactly what I thought, since I got the car it never felt smooth enough with the throttle response, and although just started learning petrol ECUs, just by comparing to newer version files found on this thread I could easily say maps there look smoother so should the drive too.
By the way the dash boost gauge you implemented is awesome idea and great work. Have you started doing this for customers, I want one indeed.
saoron2002

« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »

Still I'm seeing KFLDRX and KFLDHBN are stock. Comparing with my stock defined file, I see no difference there?
Help me out here. I don't want to think I'm blind.

Hi mate, in WinOls, from the menu bar on top, PROJECT>OPEN VERSION and you will see the moded version there
contrast

« Reply #506 on: May 26, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »

Hi mate, in WinOls, from the menu bar on top, PROJECT>OPEN VERSION and you will see the moded version there

Thanks! I figured out my mistake already. How stupid can one be... (:
dream3R

« Reply #507 on: May 26, 2014, 03:31:30 PM »

Thanks dream3r,
That was exactly what I thought, since I got the car it never felt smooth enough with the throttle response, and although just started learning petrol ECUs, just by comparing to newer version files found on this thread I could easily say maps there look smoother so should the drive too.
By the way the dash boost gauge you implemented is awesome idea and great work. Have you started doing this for customers, I want one indeed.

Yeah I think it might be the first ever bin for the R but not sure.   They upped the boost a bit of the later files as well. There's a US spec file on here that is 4 years newer than yours ;-)

The DIM Boost gauge is only in my car I started developing a dual can version but development has stalled as I've been too busy to work on it. I'll probably go back to it soon.

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

dream3R

« Reply #508 on: May 26, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »

Thanks! I figured out my mistake already. How stupid can one be... (:

I wondered that,  lol, thought I was going mad earlier.

contrast

« Reply #509 on: May 26, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »

I can post my original bin. I have EU spec 04 R. I have the latest ECM upgrade installed.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 173
  Print  

Jump to: